Luxury Card Mastercard Gold Card
- Annual percentage rate (APR): 14.99%.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 2% airfare redemption and cash-back.
- Annual fee: $995 plus $295 for each additional authorized user.
- Late fee: Up to $39.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Generous airfare redemption and cash-back rates: The Luxury Card Mastercard Gold Card has generous rates when it comes to airfare redemption and cash-back, with 2% rewards in both categories. This makes it great for cardholders who travel a lot as well as those who want to maximize their rewards when it comes to cash-back.
- Travel benefits and perks: Members receive up to $200 in annual air travel credit, as well as a $100 credit for global entry and TSA precheck. Cardholders can enjoy complimentary access to over 1,300 airport lounges. There are also some additional benefits when it comes to travel, such as protection against phone theft, baggage delay insurance, and travel accident insurance. The card charges no foreign transaction fees, making it a good choice for those who frequently travel internationally and want to do so in style.
- Brand partnerships for extra rewards: The Luxury Card Mastercard Gold Card also features a variety of brand partnerships for extra discounts and rewards. Customers can get discounts and credits with companies including Lyft, Boxed, ShopRunner, Fandango, and more.
- 24/7 concierge service: The card also comes with a 24/7 concierge service, and can help you to book travel, answer questions, and provide recommendations. If you’re looking for a card with great, accessible customer service, this could be a big draw for the Luxury Card Mastercard Gold Card.
- Extremely high annual fee: This card has a very high annual fee of $995, plus an additional $295 for each authorized user you add to your account. This sky-high fee might be unaffordable for some borrowers. It also highlights the card’s emphasis on high spenders: you would have to put tens of thousands of dollars worth of expenses on the card each year just to make up for the annual fee. This card is squarely aimed at providing a luxury card option for frequent travelers with big spending habits.
- No signup bonus: Unlike many other rewards cards of its caliber, the Luxury Card Mastercard Gold Card doesn’t offer any signup bonuses. Since these welcome bonuses can often have a cash value of several hundred dollars, this card isn’t the best fit for customers looking to maximize their rewards earnings upfront.
What Can You Expect From the Luxury Card Mastercard Gold Card?
The Luxury Card Mastercard Gold Card is a rewards credit card with decent airfare rewards and cash-back rates. The card comes with an extremely high annual fee, but also offers plenty of perks when it comes to travel.
Earning and Redeeming Rewards
The card has a competitive 2% rate for both airfare redemption and cash-back. This makes it a great fit for frequent travelers, as well as those looking for an attractive cash-back rate.
In addition to rewards on airfare, the Luxury Card Mastercard Gold Card has several significant benefits for frequent travelers. Members are eligible for an air travel credit of up to $200, which they can use for airline tickets, baggage fees, upgrades, and more.
Cardholders are also eligible for a $100 credit towards TSA precheck. For customers looking to travel in comfort, the card features VIP airport lounge access all over the world, regardless of which airline you’re flying with or what class your plane ticket is.
Other travel perks include delayed baggage insurance, travel accident insurance, rental car collision protection, and personalized travel assistance. With all of these benefits, the card is an attractive option for frequent travelers looking to maximize their rewards.
Cardholders also have access to some exclusive deals thanks to the Luxury Card Mastercard Gold Card’s partnerships with a variety of different popular brands. Examples include a $10 Lyft credit if you take five rides a month, and 5% cash-back with bulk e-commerce retailer Boxed. While these perks probably aren’t enough to make you choose the card on its own, they’re a nice bonus for cardholders and may save you a little money here and there.
Other benefits associated with the Luxury Card Mastercard Gold Card include ID theft protection, fraud liability protection, and cellular telephone protection in case of theft or damage. These additional perks are nice add-ons that help to ensure customer protection and peace of mind.
Another perk of this card comes down to its aesthetic appeal. The card is made of 24K gold-plated stainless steel with a carbon back. Weighing 22 grams, the card has a satisfying heft and shine. While aesthetics probably shouldn’t be your first consideration when choosing a rewards credit card, it’s a nice extra bonus feature.
Who Should Get the Luxury Card Mastercard Gold Card?
The Luxury Card Mastercard Gold Card is a great fit for customers looking for a solid rewards card in luxury packaging. With 2% cash-back and special credits and rewards for frequent travelers, it’s a good option if you travel regularly.
The whopping $995 annual fee means that this card may be out of reach for many borrowers. Customers looking to really maximize their earning potential when it comes to rewards may have better luck with other luxury cards. For borrowers looking for a decent rewards card in a luxury package, however, this card is a good option.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/