- Annual percentage rate (APR): 29.99%.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: None.
- Annual fee: $99.
- Late fee: Up to $40.
- Credit score: Bad to Fair (300-699).
- Apply Today.
Table of Contents
- Focused on building credit: You may qualify for the Fit Mastercard, regardless of your credit score and history. The company reports your borrowing behavior to all three major credit bureaus. If you make payments on time and exhibit responsible borrowing behaviors, the card can help you build positive credit history and can help improve your credit score over time.
- Quick application process: You can apply for the Fit Mastercard online in minutes. Fill out the online application with your contact information and financial details. Consent to a credit check and if you’re approved, you’ll be provided with unique terms instantly. You may also be provided with additional credit card offers if you qualify. Since this is an unsecured card, your credit limit and other terms are set based on your creditworthiness. If you agree to these terms, a credit card is sent to the address you provided and you’re prompted to set up an online account.
- Online account access: As a Fit Mastercard cardholder, you can sign up for an online account to access information about your account and to review recent transactions. Through your online account, you can also make a payment or reach out to customer service at any time.
- High APR: The Fit Mastercard is associated with a steep 29.99% APR, which can add up monthly if you don’t pay off your balance in full. To avoid paying interest, make your monthly payments in full and on time.
- Additional fees: To sign up for the Fit Mastercard, you must pay a one-time $89 processing fee. In addition to interest and the $99 annual fee, you’re also responsible for a $6.25 monthly maintenance fee, which adds up to $75 annually. If you need to order an additional card, you’ll pay $30 and a foreign transaction will cost you 3% the total amount. To take out a cash advance, you’ll owe either $5 or 5% of the total advance you’re requesting, whichever is greater. The late or returned payment charge may be as high as $40 so it’s important to make your payment on time.
- No rewards program: You won’t have a chance to earn cash back or rewards points on the purchases you make using your Fit Mastercard. However, if you display responsible borrowing habits, the card can help you build positive credit history and increase your credit score.
What Can You Expect From the Fit Mastercard?
Once you’re approved for the Fit Mastercard, you can sign up for an online account to keep track of your transactions and make payments. As a Fit Mastercard account holder, you have access to several features.
Free Credit Score
When you sign up for paperless document delivery, you’re eligible to check your credit score for free through your Fit Mastercard online account. After confirming that you want to receive your monthly statements electronically, review your current credit score and continue checking your score monthly to examine your progress.
Automatic Credit Increases
As you continue displaying responsible borrowing activity using your Fit Mastercard, you may automatically qualify for an increase in your credit limit. The company reviews your payment history and the amount of credit you generally use on the card to determine if you qualify for an increase. You don’t need to request a review of your borrowing history with the card; the company automatically decides when and how much to increase your line of credit.
Zero Fraud Liability
If you’re diligent in reviewing your recent transactions through your online account and statement, you can identify fraudulent charges and report them immediately to the company. If you’ve reported erroneous charges promptly and it’s found that these charges are truly fraudulent, the company will refund you the total amount.
Who Should Get the Fit Mastercard?
As an alternative to secured cards, the Fit Mastercard has a high APR, along with hefty annual and monthly fees so it’s best for consumers with bad credit who need help building a positive history and increasing their score. Consumers who plan to pay off their account balance on time each month will benefit most since they’ll be able to avoid taking on interest. With responsible consumer behavior, the Fit Mastercard can help cardholders reestablish good credit history, improving their creditworthiness.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/