- Annual percentage rate (APR): 16.99% to 23.99% variable.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: $300 annual travel; 1 or 3 points per $1 spent.
- Annual fee: $550.
- Late fee: $39.
- Credit score: Excellent (750-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
The Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card offers comprehensive travel benefits, for both national and international travel:
- Rewards points: Within the first three months of opening your Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card, you can get 50,000 rewards points when you spend $4,000 or more. After the first three months, you’ll get one point for every dollar spent, you’ll get three points on every dollar spent on travel and dining, and 10 points for every Lyft ride purchase. These points can be redeemed for travel credits and other Chase partnership rewards.
- Travel credits: The Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card offers a $300 annual travel credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card every anniversary year.
- Airport lounge access: With the Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card you will get access to over 1,000 select airport lounges across the world when you enroll in the Chase Priority Pass program, available to Sapphire Reserve card holders.
- Complimentary Lyft and DoorDash memberships: As a part of their travel perks, Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders can enjoy complimentary Lyft and DoorDash memberships. These memberships reduce the service and delivery costs associated with using these apps.
- High annual fee: The Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card has a high annual fee, and charges an additional annual fee of $75 for any authorized users. However, if you make several international trips in one year, then the travel credits, lounge access, and Lyft membership may be worth the annual fee.
- High credit score: Because of the higher profile benefits, this card typically requires a high credit score to qualify, with the threshold starting at 720.
- Specific card focus: The Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card is specifically targeted toward travel expenses, and offers very few rewards for non-travel purchases.
What Can You Expect From the Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card?
As a travel card, the Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card is set up for convenient use worldwide, with no foreign transaction fees. This card also offers trip cancellation and interruption insurance, to protect your travel purchases should something unavoidable come up.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card also ensures no blackout dates or travel restrictions when using your rewards points or travel credits, making it even easier to redeem your points. You can view and manage your account at any time, either through the Chase mobile banking app, or through the 24/7 Chase Sapphire Customer Service Specialists.
Who Should Get the Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card?
The Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card is a great card for frequent travelers, both nationally and internationally. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, this card can help you purchase flights, arrange transportation, and keep your travel plans running smoothly.
The travel credits and rewards points will even negate the steep annual fee if you make frequent travel and travel-related purchases. You can apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card through your existing Chase account portal, or through the Chase website.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Our Experts Recently Evaluated The Top 5 Credit Repair Companies Available.