BJ’s Perks Elite Mastercard
- Annual percentage rate (APR): 14.99% or 24.99%;
- Purchase intro APR: None;
- Rewards: 1 to 5% cash back;
- Annual fee: BJ’s membership — $100;
- Late fee: Maximum $40;
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- The card offers substantial cash-back benefits. You can choose from two different programs with this card: Plus or Elite. Depending on which program you choose, you will receive either 3% or 5% cash back on BJ’s purchases. It is important to note that “cash-back” rewards must be redeemed in the form of vouchers for in-club purchases in $20 increments. The BJ’s Perks Mastercard also offers 2% cash back for dining and gas purchases, and 1% cash back on non-BJ’s purchases at establishments that accept Mastercard.
- The card offers significant rewards for gas purchases. In addition to 2% cash back on purchases of gas, the card also offers a savings of $0.10 per gallon on gas at BJ’s Wholesale Club gas stations.
- The card offers unlimited earning power. There are no caps on rewards or discounts offered by the BJ’s Perks Mastercard.
- Rewards points can expire. Although there is no cap on rewards points, they can expire. However, points don’t expire for three years, which gives you a substantial amount of time to redeem your points.
- Rewards points can only be redeemed at BJ’s. This is an in-club perks card, and therefore, rewards points can only be redeemed for purchases at BJ’s. If you have additional credit card needs, it may be helpful to pair the BJ’s Perks Mastercard with another credit card.
- There is a minimum redemption threshold for rewards. As stated, cash-back rewards are redeemable in $20 increments, and therefore, you must accrue at least $20 to redeem your rewards points. However, this should be easily managed if you are a frequent BJ’s shopper.
What Can You Expect From the BJ’s Perks Elite Mastercard?
You can register for an account to manage your BJ’s Perks card through the online portal. Rewards can be redeemed at the register at BJ’s locations or by contacting BJ’s customer service at 800-BJs-CLUB. It is possible to redeem rewards in check form using the latter method. If your card is lost or stolen, report it by calling Customer Care at 1-855-269-1622 or 1-844-271-2535. Your account will then be locked for up to 24 hours while Customer Care generates a replacement card.
The BJ’s App
There is no app unique to the BJ’s Perks Elite Mastercard. However, there is a generalized BJ’s app. This app allows you to track your rewards and manage your membership account.
Who Should Get the BJ’s Perks Elite Mastercard?
Because rewards can only be redeemed at BJ’s, this card is useful to BJ’s shoppers. It is especially beneficial to people who shop at BJ’s often. While the card has no annual fee, cardholders must pay for the $100 BJ’s annual membership fee. Therefore, the cost will be most worthwhile if you already plan on holding a membership at BJ’s. The card is also helpful for people who are interested in rewards on gas purchases, since that is where much of the reward value for this card lies.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/