- Annual percentage rate (APR): 16.49% to 24.49%.
- Purchase intro APR: 0% for 18 months.
- Rewards: None.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: Up to $37.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Introductory 0% APR: When you activate your Wells Fargo Platinum Card, you may be eligible for 18 months with a 0% APR. If you have a large balance on another credit card with a high interest rate or you’re planning to make a big purchase and pay it off quickly, you can take advantage of this introductory offer and finance using your card without paying interest.
- Cell phone protection: When you use your Wells Fargo Platinum Card to pay your cell phone bill, your phone is automatically protected from damage and theft. You’re eligible for up to $600 in cell phone protection with a $25 deductible. This coverage doesn’t apply if your cell phone is lost.
- Reimbursement for unauthorized transactions: If you notice unauthorized transactions on your Wells Fargo Platinum Card and you promptly report it to the bank, you’re reimbursed for the total charges. This coverage is included on your account for free but you must contact Wells Fargo Bank immediately after noticing the fraudulent activity.
- Must have good credit: To qualify for the Wells Fargo Platinum Card, you must have good to excellent credit. Your card balance is subject to an interest rate once the introductory period expires. Wells Fargo determines your APR based on your creditworthiness, from 16.49% to 24.49%. With a high credit score, you may be eligible for the lowest APR. You can avoid paying interest by paying off your credit card’s balance each month.
- May not qualify for the introductory offer: While the Wells Fargo Platinum Card promises an 18-month 0% introductory APR, you may not qualify for this offer if you opened a different Wells Fargo credit card within the past 15 months and took advantage of another introductory or bonus offer. Even if the old account is closed or doesn’t have a balance, you won’t be eligible for 0% APR with your new card.
- Fees: There are no annual fees but a cash advance is subject to a $10 fee or 5% of the total, whichever is greater. You’ll also pay 3% of your foreign transaction total and a $37 late or returned payment fee. In the first 120 days of opening your account, a balance transfer costs $5 or 3% of the total amount but this fee increases to 5% of the total amount after your introductory period is over.
What Can You Expect From the Wells Fargo Platinum Card?
You can apply for the Wells Fargo Platinum Card online, by phone, or in-person at a Wells Fargo bank location. You’ll need to agree to a credit check, since your credit score is what determines whether you qualify and your terms. Once you’ve become an account holder, you’ll gain access to several benefits.
After activating your card, you can set up overdraft protection. Link your Wells Fargo Platinum Card to your Wells Fargo checking account and if you hit your limit, money is automatically drafted from the account.
If an overdraft protection advance is activated, you’ll pay an additional $12.50 when the advances are $50 or less in one day and $20 if they’re more than $50.
My Money Map
As a Wells Fargo customer, you can sign up for an online account. When you log into your account, your dashboard displays your customized My Money Map, which allows you to track your spending and review your transactions. You can set a budget and review the data visualizations to ensure you’re making progress towards your savings goals.
Travel Protection Benefits
When you activate your card, you’re also eligible for free travel protection, including roadside dispatch and travel emergency assistance. Your card also comes with travel accident insurance and a vehicle rental collision damage waiver. A deductible may apply and there are limits to the amount of insurance included and the types of losses that are covered.
Who Should Get the Wells Fargo Platinum Card?
This Wells Fargo Platinum Card is best for people with good credit who want to finance a big purchase and can take advantage of the 0% APR introductory offer. Before applying, consider the APR that applies to your balance after the 18-month introductory offer expires and keep in mind there’s no rewards program associated with the card.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!