Wells Fargo Cash Wise Credit Card
- Annual percentage rate (APR): 14.49% to 24.99%.
- Purchase intro APR: 0% for 15 months.
- Rewards: 1.5% cash back.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: Up to $37.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- No annual fee: Many credit cards charge an annual fee that may be as high as a few hundred dollars. This fee increases your balance and may make it hard to catch up on payments. There’s no annual fee associated with the Wells Fargo Cash Wise card, so you’re only responsible for additional funds if you accumulate interest, make a late payment, or perform another transaction that’s associated with fees.
- Cash-back rewards bonus: When you sign up for the Wells Fargo Cash Wise card, you may be eligible to receive a cash-back rewards bonus. When you spend at least $500 in eligible purchases in the first three months, you receive $150 in cash rewards.
- Introductory 0% APR: For the first 15 months after opening your account, you may be eligible for an introductory 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers made within the first 120 days. This gives you over a year to make purchases and pay them off without paying any interest.
- Balance transfer fee: For the first 120 days after signing up for your Wells Fargo Cash Wise card, each balance transfer only costs $5 or 3% of the balance transfer amount, whichever is greater. After the introductory period, each balance transfer costs 5% of the transaction, or at least $5. You can avoid these fees by taking advantage of the introductory period and completing all balance transfers right after your account is active.
- Foreign transaction fee: Wells Fargo charges a foreign currency transaction fee that’s 3% of the transaction amount. To avoid this fee, consider converting your money before a trip overseas or using cash.
- Restrictions on cash-back rewards: You don’t earn points for the cash-back rewards program on cash advances, balance transfers, disputed or illegal purchases, fees, or gambling transactions. To redeem your cash back, you must have at least $25 in rewards. However, if you choose to redeem your cash at a Wells Fargo ATM with a debit card, you can request redemption with only $20 in rewards.
What Can You Expect From the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Card?
Wells Fargo customers benefit from the convenience of online banking. When you sign up for a Wells Fargo online banking account, you can review your transactions, pay your bill, redeem your cash-back rewards, and connect with a customer service representative online. The bank also offers a smartphone app with similar features so you can check your balance wherever you are.
Redeeming Cash Rewards
When you’re ready to redeem your cash rewards, you can visit a local Wells Fargo ATM with your debit card, sign into your online account, use the smartphone app, or visit a bank in person. You can redeem your rewards for:
- Physical or electronic gift cards.
- Charitable donations.
If you plan to redeem these rewards for cash, you may choose to automatically have the total transferred to your Wells Fargo checking or savings account. You may also apply it to your statement balance with an eligible Wells Fargo credit card or request that a paper check is mailed to you.
When you pay your monthly cell phone bill with an eligible Wells Fargo credit card, you receive complimentary cell phone protection coverage. You’re eligible for up to $600 in cell phone protection coverage from damage or theft, up to a maximum $1,200 benefit per year.
Replacement is limited to the same make and model of your current cell phone and unexplained loss is not covered. If you make a claim for cell phone damage or theft, you’re responsible for a $25 deductible.
As a Wells Fargo Cash Wise primary account holder, you also have access to your FICO credit score. You must be signed up for Wells Fargo online banking to view your score and you can check your score as many times as you’d like, free of charge.
Who Should Get the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Card?
The Wells Fargo Cash Wise card is best for consumers with high credit scores and positive financial history. While the introductory APR is 0%, the interest rate once the introductory period ends may be high, depending on the card holder’s credit score and other factors. With a hefty late fee, the card is best for consumers who are diligent at making payments on time.
The Wells Fargo Wise card offers a generous cash-back rewards program and 0% introductory APR. Before applying for the card, review the eligibility criteria and fees.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/