- Annual percentage rate (APR): 17.99% to 26.99% variable.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 5% cash back at Walmart.com for the first 12 months.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: Up to $39.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (690-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- No annual fee: For any credit card user, not paying an annual fee is a major plus. Walmart Rewards Mastercard holders may be surprised that this retail card is unlike many others and charges no annual fee. Cardholders may be even more delighted to learn that the Walmart Rewards Mastercard has a great rewards system, all while not paying a yearly cost.
- High rewards: The spending rewards program for the Walmart Rewards Mastercard should be attractive to anyone — especially if you shop at Walmart.com. You’ll earn cash back in a variety of ways:
- 5% cash back when shopping on Walmart.com. This cash-back rate is also applied to the Walmart App and grocery pickup and delivery orders.
- 2% cash back when shopping in Walmart stores. Also, at Walmart and Murphy USA fuel stations, at restaurants, and for travel purchases.
- 1% cash back for spending anywhere else.
- The welcome bonus is 5% cash back for the first 12 months when using Walmart Pay in stores and $50 cash back if you spend $300 within the first three months.
- No foreign transaction fees: Not only does the Walmart Rewards Mastercard not have a foreign transaction fee, but you’ll also get 2% cash back when traveling. This makes the Walmart Rewards Mastercard a great travel card.
- Average in-store rewards: During your first year, you will earn a respectable 5% cash back on in-store purchases. However, this rate drops down to 2% after this first year — a mediocre rewards rate. Additionally, you will only receive 5% cash back on in-store purchases for this first year if you use the Walmart Pay app.
- No introductory APR: Sadly, there is no intro APR period with the Walmart Rewards Mastercard — this is common among store cards. Those who may be concerned about no introductory APR period may want to look at this card’s generous rewards system, however, as the rewards may be more of a selling factor than an intro APR would be.
- Need a higher credit score to qualify: Credit score eligibility for the Walmart Rewards Mastercard is higher than most store credit cards (good to excellent). If you find you are not eligible for this card, there is another in-store variation of this card for those with average credit.
What Can You Expect From the Walmart Rewards Mastercard?
The Walmart Rewards Mastercard if offered by Capital One, and as such, you will receive many of the amenities that Capital One provides. Aside from earning rewards from Walmart, you’ll get many other services when you apply for this card.
You can access your Walmart Rewards Mastercard account to view statements, set up auto-pay, and create alerts and reminders. You’re able to access your account in two ways: via the web portal and/or by downloading the Capital One mobile app through the App Store or Google Play.
When you receive your Walmart Rewards Mastercard, you gain non-emergency assistance with things like getting tickets to sports events, making reservations, and other concierge services.
The Walmart Rewards Mastercard is great to travel with. With this card, you’ll receive several travel protections, including:
- Roadside assistance;
- Car rental insurance;
- Travel accident insurance;
- Baggage delay insurance;
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance.
To get the most out of your Walmart Rewards Mastercard, you will need to shop online. Online shopping does come with cybersecurity risks, and Walmart and Capital One recognize this. Security protections that come with this card include:
- Card lock;
- Security alerts;
- Virtual numbers when shopping;
- $0 fraud liability.
Who Should Get the Walmart Rewards Mastercard?
Those who shop at Walmart should consider using this card — especially if you plan to shop online, via the Walmart Pay app, and through the grocery pickup and delivery service. Additionally, those looking for a good cash-back policy but not wanting an annual fee will enjoy this card.
The Walmart Rewards Mastercard is perfect for the head of the household whose primary grocer is Walmart and who wants to use the card for other everyday purchases while earning rewards. If this sounds like the card for you, apply today.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!