- Annual percentage rate (APR): 15.49% to 24.99% variable.
- Purchase intro APR: 0% for 12 months on balance transfers.
- Rewards: 1.5% unlimited cash back; $150 sign-up bonus.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: $40.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (670-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Straightforward cash-back rewards: With the U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express Credit Card’s cash-back rewards, there are no revolving categories of types of products or retailers. Instead, you earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. This amount never expires and can be redeemed as a statement credit, deposited into your bank, or even sent to you as a rewards card. This straightforward rewards program cuts the frills commonly associated with cash-back rewards cards and offers uncomplicated, lucrative rewards.
- Sign-up bonus: If you spend at least $500 in the first 90 days of your account opening, you’ll be eligible for a $150 sign-up bonus. Competing credit card offers with terms generally require you to spend at least $1,000 in this period to earn a similar bonus.
- Intro 0% APR on balance transfers: For the first 12 billing cycles of your account, you can enjoy a 0% APR for any balance transfers completed within the first 60 days. Note that this rate does not apply to purchases.
- No annual fee: All of the above benefits can be maintained year after year without any annual fees. This means you won’t have to consider whether the card is worth an annual expense, allowing you to keep your credit history and utilization in good shape.
- Other cards may have higher cash-back rewards: A flat 1.5% cash-back rewards system is enticing, but other cards may offer higher percentages — though these generally must be activated and only apply to specific products or retailers. Still, if you are able to find a card with a cash-back rewards system that matches your spending habits, you may be able to find a card that would offer greater rewards over time.
- High credit requirements: The U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express Credit Card has high credit requirements, and consumers with less-than-stellar credit may be ineligible for this credit card offer. Those interested in an effective cash-back credit card who do not qualify will need to build their credit and re-apply (or explore other credit card offers).
- Potentially high APR if you barely qualify: For a card with high credit requirements, 24.99% is a high APR. If you scrape by during the application process with a minimally acceptable credit rating, you’ll have a higher APR than you could get with a competing card (though potentially with less enticing rewards). Through wise credit card practices, such as paying off your full balance each month, you can mitigate this concern.
What Can You Expect From the U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express Credit Card?
How good is the experience of accessing and controlling your credit card account? What benefits do you have access to? In order to get a grasp of the user experience of being a Cash 365 cardholder, it helps to review the perks of having a U.S. Bank or American Express credit card.
U.S. Bank Mobile App
If you want to access your credit card account on the go, all you’ll need to do to do is install the U.S. Bank mobile app. This supports both English and Spanish, and it allows you to take control of your card with your phone. Whether you’re using an Android or iOS device, you’ll be able to use this platform to:
- Activate your new card;
- Review past and pending transactions;
- Set up card utilization alerts;
- Add your card to PayPal or Apple Wallet;
- Change your ATM PIN whenever you’d like;
- Report your card as lost/stolen, as well as lock or unlock your card;
Don’t want to download the app? No problem. There is also an online portal that you can access via your mobile device or desktop computer. All of the features outlined here can also be accessed in this manner.
Perks for U.S. Bank/American Express Cardholders
U.S. Bank cardholders, as well as American Express users in general, have access to a wide variety of additional benefits, including:
- Price matching: Buyer’s regret doesn’t feel great, and this feeling can be intensified when you discover that you overpaid for something. However, cardholders can indicate that they’ve found an identical item for sale at a lower price than they paid in order to be refunded the difference. This offer is eligible for 30 days after the purchase, with some exclusions.
- Travel perks: Emergency assistance for any visit more than 100 miles away, travel accident insurance with popular airlines, and free rental car insurance are just a few perks for cardholders. This makes the U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express Credit Card a great ally for frequent travelers.
- Overdraft protection: Do you have a deposit account with U.S. Bank? If so, you can link your credit card to your account in order to cover any overdrafts or non-sufficient funds transactions.
- Exclusive entertainment offers: This includes access to exclusive and pre-sale tickets to a variety of entertainment events, from sporting events to live music and theater performances.
These are just a few of the perks available to cardholders. While each of them is relatively minor in scope, they can dramatically improve the overall user experience of the U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express Credit Card.
Who Should Get the U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express Credit Card?
Consumers with good to excellent credit looking for a no-frills rewards card — particularly those with some existing credit card debt — have come to the right place. If you are looking for a straightforward 1.5% cash-back rewards card with no annual fee and plenty of perks, the U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express Credit Card is a great choice. Further, with an 0% intro APR for balance transfers, this card can be a helpful tool for addressing existing credit card debt on high-interest cards.
While it has high credit requirements, and other cards may offer higher cash-back rewards for specific product categories or retailers, the benefits of this card are enticing. Be sure to consider whether this card fits into your financial strategy, as it is a strong credit card offer.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!