- Annual percentage rate (APR): 24.99% – 29.99% (variable).
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: None.
- Annual fee: $75 to $99.
- Late fee: Up to $40.
- Credit score: Bad to Fair (300-689).
- Apply Today.
Table of Contents
- Focus on building credit: The Surge Mastercard® is a useful credit-building tool for consumers who want to focus on reestablishing, rebuilding, or improving their credit. The card issuer reports borrower behavior to all three major credit bureaus. As long as borrowers are displaying responsible financial habits, including making monthly payments on time, they can use the card to build a good credit history and eventually increase their credit score.
- Fraud liability coverage: The Surge Mastercard® provides cardholders with complimentary fraud liability coverage. As a cardholder, if you notice fraudulent or erroneous charges on your statement, report them promptly to the company. If it’s confirmed that the charges are fraudulent, the company will reimburse you for the total amount.
- Low credit limit: Since the Surge Mastercard® was designed for consumers with poor credit, it doesn’t offer a generous line of credit to cardholders. When you apply for the Surge Mastercard, you may only be approved for a line of credit that’s $300 to $1,000 ($300, $500, $750, $1,000). However, if you use the card responsibly, it can help increase your credit score and build a positive credit history.
- High annual fees: Depending on your creditworthiness when applying, you will be subject to a $75 to $99 annual fee. After your first year of being an account holder, you’ll begin to owe a monthly maintenance fee of $10 per month. These fees can add up, especially if you also maintain an account balance that’s subject to interest.
- Additional fees: In addition to these annual and monthly maintenance fees, you’ll need to pay $30 if you need an additional card associated with your account. You’ll also owe 3% for each foreign transaction. If you request a cash advance, you’ll pay either $5 or 5% of the total amount. If you make your payment late or it’s returned, you’re responsible for a $40 fee.
- No rewards program: Unlike many other unsecured credit cards, the Surge Mastercard® isn’t associated with a rewards program. You won’t earn cash back or rewards points when you use the card. However, if you’re a responsible borrower, the card may help you improve your creditworthiness and your eligibility for other credit cards that do offer rewards programs.
What Can You Expect From the Surge Mastercard®?
When you activate your Surge Mastercard, you gain access to several card features that are designed to ensure you can borrow responsibly.
Free Monthly Credit Score
Surge Mastercard® is geared toward consumers with low credit scores who are focused on improving their history and increasing their score. Once you’re a card holder, you can check your credit score every month to track your improvements. You must sign up for electronic statement delivery to be eligible to view your credit score. By keeping a close eye on your score, you’ll also be able to identify any red flags, such as a sudden decrease, that could indicate fraudulent or erroneous activity on your report.
Credit Limit Increases
While you may only qualify for a low credit limit when you apply for the Surge Mastercard®, your limit could increase over time. If you consistently make payments on time and remain within your credit limit, the company may automatically increase your credit limit since you’ve proven to be a trustworthy and responsible borrower.
Online Account Management
You can apply for the Surge Mastercard online in a few minutes and receive instant approval, along with your credit card terms. Once you’ve activated your card, sign up for an online account to manage your balance and review your recent transactions.
When you sign into your online account, you can also check your credit score and make payments. Your online account gives you access to customer service and allows you to review your credit card’s terms, including your payment due date.
Who Should Get the Surge Mastercard®?
Consumers with poor credit who are focused on building their creditworthiness may benefit from the Surge Mastercard. Since the card is associated with high annual and monthly maintenance fees, it’s best for consumers who don’t have many other credit card options. After building a positive credit history and increasing their score with the Surge Mastercard®, borrowers may qualify for other credit cards that offer generous rewards programs and lower or no annual fees.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!