- Annual percentage rate (APR): 15.99% to 22.99% variable.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 3 Stars per $1 spent.
- Sign-up bonus: 6,500 Stars.
- Annual fee: $49.
- Late fee: Up to $39.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Rewards program: With the Starbucks Rewards Visa Card, you earn Stars for a variety of purchases. These Stars don’t expire and are redeemable for Starbucks drinks, merchandise, and food. Here’s how the Starbucks Stars system works:
- One Star for every $4 you spend anywhere. Give to charity, or buy concert tickets or new clothes — all expenditures will earn you Stars.
- One Star for every $2 you spend on everyday purchases. You can earn Stars by paying your internet, cable, and phone services, buying groceries, and even purchasing local bus and train fare.
- Up to three Stars for every $1 you spend at a Starbucks store. You can earn one Star for every $1 you digitally load on your card, and two Stars for every $1 spent using your Starbucks card at any Starbucks store.
- Sign-up bonus: If you spend $500 within the first three months with your Starbucks Rewards Visa Card, you will receive 6,500 bonus Stars. Understanding the Stars program above, you can see the value in this sign-up bonus. You’re able to use Stars to purchase drinks and food items, which can be very appealing to frequent Starbucks customers.
- Perks: When you sign up for the Starbucks Rewards Visa Card, you will receive goodies eight times a year. About every six weeks, Barista Picks — coupons for free food and drinks — will show up on your account. These Barista Picks may even be worth more than the card’s annual fee.
- Annual fee: Many store cards do not charge an annual fee. The Starbucks Rewards Visa Card, unfortunately, does charge a $49 annual fee. While this may give you hesitation, keep in mind that the free food and drinks earned with the Stars program could offset the yearly cost.
- Other fees: Per usual, the Starbucks Rewards Visa Card does charge balance transfer, cash advance, and late fees. However, the Starbucks card also charges a foreign transaction fee, which is not typical for cards that charge an annual fee. This fee is 3%, which is average for any credit card.
What Can You Expect From the Starbucks Rewards Visa Credit Card?
The Starbucks Rewards Visa Card doesn’t just offer an excellent rewards program, sign-up bonus, and perks, it also provides many conveniences that cardholders will find beneficial.
Online Portal and App
Chase offers the Starbucks Rewards Visa. That being the case, you can access your account via the Chase online portal and/or a mobile app. Whether online or on the app, you’re able to manage expenses, set up alerts, and pay bills. Download the mobile app at the App Store or Google Play.
Services and Protection
When you sign up for the Starbucks Rewards Visa Card, you will receive a variety of protections. These services include:
- Purchase protection;
- Extended warranty protection;
- Auto rental collision damage waiver;
- Travel and emergency assistance services;
- Trip cancellation or interruption insurance;
- Roadside dispatch.
Who Should Get the Starbucks Rewards Visa Credit Card?
If you aren’t a coffee lover, this card might not be for you. However, this card is attractive to those who visit Starbucks regularly and want some of their food and drinks to be free. It may also be beneficial for office managers, who can use this card to get coffee for the office — and subsequently, other free drinks and pastries.
It may also be advantageous for Starbucks employees who love their coffee. Since employees are likely to buy a coffee, other beverages, or food at Starbucks, it’s worthwhile to earn Stars as well. If the Starbucks Rewards Visa Card sounds like it’s for you, sign up today.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!