The Security Service Federal Credit Union (SSFCU) routing number is 314088637. SSFCU is based in San Antonio, Texas, but also has branches in Colorado and Utah. Banks that operate in more than one state usually have different routing numbers. SSFCU has only one, minimizing any confusion of what number to use.
What Is a Routing Number?
Banks recognize each other by their routing numbers. All routing numbers are nine numbers long and are unique to a particular financial institution. It’s also called an ABA (American Bankers Association) routing transit number (when referring to the code on paper checks) or an ACH (automated clearing house) routing number when used to transfer money between banks electronically. No two financial institutions share the same number.
You’ll need the SSFCU routing number to:
- Send an SSFCU account holder an electronic payment via electronic funds transfer (EFT) or ACH payment;
- Pay taxes digitally;
- Send or receive direct deposits;
- Send or receive a wire transfer.
Where Can You Find Your SSFCU Routing Number?
You can find all the information you need on the bottom of a personal check below the memo and signature line. The numbers are grouped into three sections:
- The first nine digits from left to right is the ABA routing number;
- The next 10 to 11 digits are your bank account number;
- The last three or four digits are the check number, which matches the check number displayed on the upper right-hand corner of your check.
If you don’t have checks, bookmark this page for quick access to the SSFCU routing number or call the credit union for the number at 1(800) 527-7328.
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!