- Annual percentage rate: 14.90% to 22.90%.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 1%, 3%, or 5% cash back.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: $38.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (690-850).
- Compare cards here.
- Cash-back rewards: The Sam’s Club Mastercard offers a variety of cash-back options. Cardholders can earn 5% cash back on up to $6,000 in gas expenses per year, and then 1% after surpassing that amount. Additionally, cardholders earn 3% cash back on dining and travel, and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Low fees: There is no annual fee or foreign transaction fees when you sign up for the Sam’s Club Mastercard. Additionally, applying for the Mastercard can help offset the Sam’s Club membership fee because there’s a sign-up bonus of $45 credited to your statement if you’re approved.
- Interest fee grace period: When a customer purchases an item at Sam’s Club and pays within a certain time, they will not pay interest on that item. The grace period for the Sam’s Club Mastercard is typically 23 days, and if cardholders pay their bill in full within that window, they will not be assessed interest.
- Convenience: The Mastercard also doubles as a membership card, so cardholders don’t have to juggle multiple cards in their wallet.
- Cardholders must have a current Sam’s Club membership: While there is no annual fee for the card, cardholders must pay the annual membership fee of $45 per year. The fee will be billed automatically to your card every year. However, by signing up for the Mastercard, you can receive a sign-up bonus of $45 that can be applied to your membership fee for that year.
- Reward caps: The total cash-back rewards a user can accrue is capped at $5,000 a year, which is typically more than plenty for people to spend annually. Additionally, you must earn at least $5 in rewards to receive any cash-back perks, and rewards don’t carry over into the next reward period, so it’s important to keep track of your rewards.
- Rewards can only be spent at Sam’s Club: Cardholders will receive their cash-back rewards once a year to spend only at Sam’s Club. While this may seem limiting, the rewards can routinely be used to supplement your spending if you are an avid Sam’s Club shopper.
Table of Contents
What Can You Expect From the Sam’s Club Mastercard?
Every February, rewards from the past year are eligible for redemption, making it easy for cardholders to plan how they would like to use their rewards. Additionally, cardholders can enjoy perks like zero fraud liability, enhanced security, and Mastercard ID theft protection services.
Mastercard ID Theft Protection Services
Since this Sam’s Club card is a Mastercard, cardholders enjoy the benefits of Mastercard ID theft protection. Mastercard cardholders receive theft alerts, are able to easily replace lost or stolen cards, and have access to experts that can help them recover from a stolen ID situation. Cardholders can sign up for the theft protection services through the Mastercard website. They must have their Sam’s Club Mastercard to sign up.
Who Should Get the Sam’s Club Mastercard?
The Sam’s Club Mastercard is perfect for members who spend money on gas and dining out. Using the card for the gas and dining rewards helps cardholders rack up cash-back perks that they can use for future purchases.
Additionally, those with good credit and responsible credit card habits can enjoy no interest on items they buy with the Mastercard if they pay their bill in full within the grace period. Lastly, cardholders can use their Mastercard as their membership card at Sam’s Club, making it a convenient card to carry.
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!