- Annual percentage rate (APR): 25.90% to 29.99% (variable).
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: None.
- Annual fee: $75 to $99.
- Late fee: Up to $40.
- Credit score: Bad to Fair (300-689).
- Apply Today.
Table of Contents
- Low credit score accepted: Even if you have a low credit score or limited credit history, you may still qualify for the Reflex Mastercard. The card is an unsecured option designed for consumers who want to begin building credit history or taking steps to improve their credit, so most applicants are accepted, regardless of their current credit score.
- Focused on building credit: The Reflex Mastercard is focused on helping borrowers improve their credit score and enhance positive credit history. The company reports your borrowing behaviors to all three major credit bureaus. If you display responsible habits, such as making your monthly payment on time, you should begin to see your score improve.
- No security deposit required: The Reflex Mastercard is not a secured card so there’s no security deposit required. To qualify for the card, you must prove you have a valid U.S.-based checking account. However, you’re not required to provide a deposit that’s equal to the line of credit you’re offered.
- Steep fees: Unsecured cards for those with poor or limited credit tend to carry higher fees, and this is no exception. When you activate the Reflex Mastercard, you must pay an annual fee that’s $75 to $99, depending on your creditworthiness. For your first year as an account holder, monthly maintenance fees are waived. However, after the first year, you may owe $10 each month, which adds up to an additional $120 annually. If you need an additional card, you must pay $30 and a cash advance will cost you $5 or 5% of the total, whichever is greater. If you make a late or returned payment, you’ll owe up to $40 and the foreign transaction fee is 3% of the total in U.S. dollars.
- No balance transfers: Reflex Mastercard cardholders aren’t eligible to make balance transfers onto their card from other accounts. However, since the APR associated with the Reflex Mastercard is a bit steep, it’s not common for most credit cardholders to want to transfer their balance.
- No rewards program: Some unsecured credit cards are associated with a cash-back or rewards points program that allows them to earn credit toward their account balance or other incentives, such as discounted hotel stays or gift cards. Like most cards aimed at those rebuilding their credit, the Reflex Mastercard doesn’t offer a rewards program to its cardholders, and doesn’t carry any introductory APR or other enticing offers.
- Low credit limit: When you’re approved for the Reflex Mastercard, you’re provided with a credit limit that’s based on your current creditworthiness. The credit limit you’re offered will only be between $300 and $750, which is roughly in line with most secured credit cards, though without requiring a deposit. However, if you display responsible borrowing habits, you may be eligible for an increase to this limit.
What Can You Expect From the Reflex Mastercard?
Once you’ve activated your Reflex Mastercard, you can use it for a cash advance or to make purchases, up to your credit limit. You also gain access to useful features that are associated with being a Mastercard account holder.
Free Fraud Liability Protection
If you’re reviewing your transactions and notice an erroneous or fraudulent charge, report it immediately to the company. Your Reflex Mastercard includes standard fraud liability protection. Once the company completes its investigation and it’s determined that the charges are fraudulent, you’ll be reimbursed for the total amount of these erroneous charges.
Mobile App and Online Account
Mastercard makes it easy for you to manage your account online. Once you’ve completed the application process for your Reflex Mastercard and been approved for the card, you can set up your online account. When you’re signed into your account through the website, you’re able to review recent transactions, check your payment due date, and schedule your payment. You’re also able to sign up for electronic document delivery and check on your credit score each month.
The company also offers a mobile app for both Android and iOS operating systems. When you sign into the smartphone app, you can perform all the same account management functions as you can in your web browser.
Who Should Get the Reflex Mastercard?
The Reflex Mastercard is associated with hefty annual and monthly fees and no rewards program but it does approve applicants with low credit scores or minimal credit history. Therefore, it’s a useful card for consumers with less-than-ideal credit who don’t have many other financing options, and who prefer to avoid having to make the initial deposit associated with secured cards. With hefty late and returned-payment fees, the card is also best for consumers who are responsible enough to make payments on time.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Our Experts Recently Evaluated The Top 5 Credit Repair Companies Available.