- Annual percentage rate (APR): 17.39% (variable).
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: None.
- Annual fee: $35.
- Late fee: Up to $38.
- Credit score: Poor (300-689).
- Apply Today
Table of Contents
- No credit check: The OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card doesn’t require a credit check. With other cards, you may have to first undergo a hard inquiry, which can negatively impact your credit score. Those with low or no credit or looking to rebuild their credit won’t have to worry about taking another hit on their credit when applying for an OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card.
- Reports to all three major credit bureaus: OpenSky reports to Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion monthly. This is another chance for those with low credit or trying to build their credit to quickly see improvements in their credit score. As long as you use your credit card responsibly and make your payments on time, your credit score should improve.
- Refundable minimum deposit of $200: A $200 minimum deposit will be necessary if you want to open an OpenSky Secured Visa account. This will act as your credit limit. However, you can decide to submit up to $3,000 for a higher credit limit. Choose any amount between $300 and $3,000 to make sure you have a credit limit that works for you.
- Has an annual fee: Although the OpenSky Secured Visa comes with an annual fee, it is not as much as other credit cards. Thirty-five dollars a year can be a small price to pay to see significant improvements to your credit score.
- High APR: People mainly use the OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card for building credit. If you are using this card to build credit, you’ll see improvements soon and can graduate to another credit card after a year — at which point you’ll get your security deposit back. OpenSky virtually guarantees you’ll be approved for a Secured Visa credit card, and you can use it as a stepping stone to other cards with lower APRs in the future.
- Additional fees: Like many other credit cards, the OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card does come with additional fees. These fees include:
- 3% foreign transaction fee;
- Cash advance fee of $6 or 5% of the cash advance amount (whichever is greater);
- Returned payment fees up to $25;
- Late payment fee up to $27.
- No spend bonus or cash back: Unfortunately, the OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card does not offer these perks. It is not surprising, however, as many secured credit cards do not offer cash back.
What Can You Expect From the OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card?
The OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card offers a variety of conveniences when you apply. OpenSky provides ways to keep an eye on your spending and manage payments to avoid late fees, and more.
Online Portal and App
You can access your account via OpenSky’s website and/or download the mobile app through Google Play and the App Store. You’re able to make payments, set up automated minimum payments, schedule email alerts, and more. Use the OpenSky website or app to stay on top of your payments to avoid late fees and monitor your spending.
Set Your Own Credit Limit
A minimum deposit of $200 is required to qualify for an OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card. This refundable deposit will serve as your credit limit. While this is the minimum deposit for OpenSky, you don’t have to stop there. You may choose to pay any amount up to the maximum deposit of $3,000 for a higher credit line. Here, you can determine your own credit limit to make the card work best for you.
Use the Card for Everyday Purchases
OpenSky Secured Visa credit cardholders can and should expect to use their card for routine purchases. Look to use this card for gas, groceries, dining out, entertainment, and more.
Who Should Get the OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card?
The OpenSky Secured Visa credit card is perfect for those with a low credit score who are looking to build or rebuild their credit. While an annual fee is required and a higher APR is proposed, you can’t ignore the benefits.
A low, refundable deposit makes it less of a hit on your wallet to apply, but what the card can do for your credit is even more appealing. Monthly reporting to all three major credit bureaus and no hard inquiries can jumpstart your credit building efforts.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Our Experts Recently Evaluated The Top 5 Credit Repair Companies Available.