- APR: 10.99% to 21.99% (variable)
- Annual Fee: $0
- Rewards: 3% cash back at Apple and on select Apple Pay partners, 2% cash back on other Apple Pay purchases, otherwise 1% cash back
- Credit Score: Poor to Excellent (300-850)
- Compare cards here.
- Integration with Apple Pay: As an Apple card customer, your credit card is easily accessible through Apple Pay. The credit card works through contactless payment with retailers that offer this payment method.
- A Daily Cash rewards program: You earn Daily Cash when you spend using your credit card. These rewards are yours as soon as the transaction hits your account. The rewards are redeemed as Apple Cash and can be used to pay down your statement balance or pay friends and family through the Wallet app.
- Virtual and physical credit card: Once you’ve been approved for an Apple credit card, it’s immediately available in Apple Pay. The company also ships a physical card you can use with retailers that don’t accept Apple Pay. However, when you use your physical card, you only earn 1% toward the Daily Cash reward program.
- Application process through Apple Wallet: As an Apple customer, the company makes it easy to apply for this credit card. Simply pull up your Wallet app to start the application. Upon approval, the card is available in your Apple Pay app immediately.
- Spending tracking through the app: The Apple card app allows you to keep track of your balance and makes it easy to see where you’re spending your money. It also helps you determine when to pay your credit card balance and the interest you may owe if you don’t pay it off.
- Rewards program: If you plan to spend money on Apple products or use Apple Pay frequently, you can earn 2% to 3% cash back for your purchases through the Daily Cash rewards program.
- Text support: If you have questions about your credit card account, you can contact tech support by text to get your questions answered promptly.
- No fees: Apple credit card users benefit from no foreign transaction, late payment, or annual fees.
- No sign-up bonus: Unlike other rewards-based credit cards, the Apple card doesn’t offer a sign-up bonus or introductory offer to new applicants.
- Only for Apple users: You must have an Apple ID and an acceptable Apple device to apply for an Apple credit card.
- Strict rewards program: The rewards program is designed to generously reward Apple purchases and the use of Apple Pay. When you use your physical card for other purchases, you don’t earn much to contribute toward your Daily Cash rewards program balance.
If you’re an Apple fan, you may have already heard about the Apple credit card the company released in 2019. The credit card is offered through MasterCard and is designed strictly for Apple product owners. To become an Apple cardholder, you must have an iPhone or iPad with an iOS 12.4 operating system or later or an iPadOS. The credit card’s rewards program also relies heavily on using Apple Pay and purchasing the brand’s additional tech products and gear.
Consumers looking for the best credit card are intrigued by the Apple card because it offers no annual fees, no late payment penalties, and no foreign transaction fees. The interest rate varies depending on your credit score but is generally between 10.99% to 21.99%. However, you may qualify to finance Apple product purchases interest-free, depending on current company offers.
The credit card limit you qualify for also depends on your credit history and the company may increase or decrease this limit at any time. In some cases, you may be allowed to spend above your credit limit if you’re purchasing an Apple product through a special offer.
Table of Contents
As an Apple credit cardholder, you have access to a variety of features, including the following:
Best Candidates for the Apple Credit Card
The Apple credit card is best for consumers with good credit scores since the interest rate may be high for those without acceptable credit. The illustrative app makes it easy to track your balance and determine the best time to pay the card off, making it a great first card for beginner consumers.
To become an Apple credit cardholder, you must have an Apple ID and an approved Apple device. You’ll earn the most rewards by using Apple Pay so it’s best to only consider this card if you prefer this contactless method of payment and you frequent retailers that offer it.
Most retailers that accept Apple Pay, such as Nike, Duane Reade, and Walgreens, are located in urban areas. If you live in a rural area or aren’t a fan of Apple products, you may be better off finding a different credit card.
You can apply for the Apple credit card directly in the Wallet app on your iPad or iPhone. Your device must have Face ID or Touch ID to qualify and you must have an iPhone that uses the Apple Pay app. During the application process, you’ll need to answer questions about your U.S. citizenship, age, and permission to run your credit. Upon approval, the Apple credit card is immediately available to use in your Apple Pay app and a physical card is sent by mail.
If you’re a fan of Apple products and plan to make Apple purchases in the future, the Apple credit card may be right for you. Before agreeing to terms, review the interest rate associated with the card and the restrictive rewards program.
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!