- Annual percentage rate (APR): 12.99% to 22.99%.
- Purchase intro APR: 0% for the first 12 months.
- Rewards: 3% or 1.5% cash back.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: $39.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (690-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- High rewards rate: Cardholders can earn 3% cash back on all purchases during the first 12 months after opening an account. After a year, you earn 1.5% cash back on every purchase, as well as a 10% rewards bonus on all the cash back you earn on your anniversary.
- No annual fee: This card has no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees, making it cheaper than the average card and ideal for consistent travelers.
- Cell phone protection: Those who use their HSBC rewards to pay their cell phone bill can get up to $600 in cell phone protection. This covers theft and damage that affects the phone’s functionality.
- Travel benefits: HSBC cardholders benefit from a 10% discount on hotels if they book through onefinestay. Additionally, they can also gain rental car damage protection and Mastercard Travel & Lifestyle Services.
- High regular APR: While the HSBC card offers a wide APR range, the exact amount depends on your credit. However, no matter the amount, you are more likely to overpay if you carry a balance from month to month. Cardholders should aim to pay off their balance every month so as not to accrue interest.
- Rewards restrictions: The HSBC card may restrict how cardholders use their rewards. For instance, you may have to contact HSBC to redeem certain rewards, or you may only be able to use rewards for travel.
What Can You Expect From the HSBC Cash Rewards Card?
The HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard offers lucrative cash-back rewards that are competitive with other rewards cards. It also offers advanced security measures such as Mastercard ID Theft Protection, contactless payments, and customer service available by phone or online messaging.
Cardholders can benefit from the online portal to track spending, make payments, and transfer funds. You can also experience these benefits on the go with the mobile app, which offers additional features such as:
- Bill payments;
- Easy money transfers;
- Global transfers;
- Secure messaging;
- Check deposit;
- Extra mobile security.
Cardholders can also enjoy other perks from the HSBC card including:
- A ShopRunner membership;
- Postmates discount;
- Golf course discounts;
- Free access to FICO credit scores.
Who Should Get the HSBC Cash Rewards Card?
This card is ideal for people who want a card with a straight-forward cash-back policy. It is also a good choice for people who wish to transfer another card’s balance to pay it off without accruing more interest since there are no balance transfer and introductory APRs for the first year. Additionally, this credit card is great for people who have excellent credit which will help them get to a lower APR.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!