Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- Annual percentage rate (APR): 15.74% to 24.74%.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 3 to 12 points per dollar.
- Introductory bonus offer: 125,000 points.
- Annual fee: $95.
- Late fee: $39.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Excellent travel rewards program: The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card offers an excellent points-to-dollars-spent ratio when you stay at Hilton Hotels. The Hilton portfolio includes hotels under the Hilton brand. It also covers Conrad, Embassy Suites, Waldorf Astoria, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, DoubleTree, and several other brands. When making reservations or purchases at these properties, cardholders earn 12 points per dollar spent. You also earn six points per dollar at restaurants, gas stations, and mobile service providers. The six-point ratio also applies to rental cars and flights booked through American Express.
- Generous intro bonus: If you spend $3,000 in the first three months with this card, you will earn 125,000 bonus points. Depending on where you choose to travel, these points could be worth up to $750 in hotel stays. If you plan to make a large purchase or travel during your first three months with the Hilton Honors Business card, you can easily meet the spending requirements.
- Premium perks: The Hilton Honors Business Card offers some premium perks, such as airport lounge access. Cardholders get 10 free admissions to Priority Pass lounges at airports each year. Also, all cardholders immediately receive Hilton Gold Status without any spending requirements. Gold Status qualifies them for possible room upgrades and other perks.
- No foreign transaction fees: Unlike some other American Express cards, this one does not have a foreign transaction fee. This fact is important because people who travel frequently are the ones who will get the most out of the Hilton Honors card.
- High annual fee: The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has a $95 annual fee. This fee is about average for a premium rewards credit card. Those who do not use hotels under the Hilton umbrella or do not travel frequently will not earn enough to make up for the annual fee. However, business people who travel often will earn more than $95 in rewards per year.
- High threshold to earn intro bonus: The Hilton Honors Business Card has a generous rewards program. However, you need to spend a significant amount to get the introductory bonus. You need to use $3,000 within three months. While this won’t be a problem for people making a major purchase or using their card for business expenses, it may be a challenge for some. Without the bonus, this card loses some of its attractiveness.
- Rewards require spending on travel: Infrequent travelers who do not travel and stay in hotels multiple times per year will neither earn the points nor have a chance to get the most value out of their rewards. On the other hand, this card is ideal for people who travel and stay at hotels frequently.
- Rewards and earning maximum points limited to Hilton Hotels: To earn 12 points per dollar, you need to stay at properties under the Hilton umbrella. The rewards and status perks are also limited to Hilton’s hotel brands. Hilton is a worldwide brand with accommodations in every price range, but your hotel choices will be somewhat limited.
What Can You Expect From the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card?
The Hilton Honors American Express Business card comes with account management tools from American Express. For example, users can manage their accounts, track spending, and arrange payments with the American Express App and the American Express Business App.
Since this a business credit card, it is possible to get additional cards for employees under the same account. The Hilton Honors also has other business-related features, such as the ability to create spending reports and annual statements.
Like other premium Amex cards, the Hilton Honors offers 24/7 customer service, global assistance for travelers, and various travel-related insurance coverages.
Who Should Get the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card?
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card is for travelers who don’t mind staying at Hilton’s properties. Because of the nature of the rewards program, it is best for business travelers. However, anyone who travels frequently could benefit from this card, including freelancers or independent contractors.
A business can maximize their rewards by using the same Hilton Honors Business Card account for multiple employees.
The perks that come with the Hilton Honors Business card also add value. If you plan to use Hilton Gold Status (free upgrades, free breakfast) and airport lounge access, you can add value to this card. The 10 free airport lounge visits alone are worth more than the $95 annual fee.
However, those who do not travel frequently will not earn enough rewards to overcome the annual fee.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/