Harley-Davidson Secured Credit Card
- Annual percentage rate (APR): 22.99%.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 1 point per $1 spent.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: Up to $40.
- Credit score: Poor to Excellent (350-850).
- Compare cards here.
The Harley-Davidson Visa Secured credit card, issued by U.S. Bank, offers a way to earn points that can be used towards Harley-Davidson gear, accessories, and services. What’s more, there are multiple opportunities for cardholders to win a free motorcycle. For every purchase made on the card, cardholders receive one entry into the Free Ride Sweepstakes.
Table of Contents
The Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card offers a variety of benefits. Most of those benefits are geared towards fans of the company, first-time credit cardholders, and people looking to repair their credit score.
- No annual fee: There is no annual fee for this card.
- Sweepstakes entries: A unique feature of this card is the Free Ride Sweepstakes. Each time you use your card, you will be entered into a sweepstakes to win a Harley-Davidson bike.
- Building credit: Secured cards are good for building credit — and with a zero dollar annual fee, the Harley-Davidson Secured card is one of the best options for new credit builders.
- Repairing bad credit: This card is one of few that are good for repairing bad credit. Its zero dollar annual fees make it more affordable than other options. Even if you do not use your card, it will reflect positively on your credit score.
- Security deposit earns interest: Though you have to make a security deposit to receive this card, your deposit will earn interest.
- Travel protections: Travel protections include an auto rental collision damage waiver and emergency cash and card replacement.
- Card protections: Card protections include zero fraud liability and lost/stolen card reporting.
Drawbacks surrounding the Harley-Davidson Secured Card largely come from its high APR and restrictive rewards.
- High APR: This card carries a heavy APR, making it dangerous to spend more than you can afford to pay off every month.
- Expensive security deposit: This card requires a security deposit of at least $300.
- No upgrade to an unsecured card: There is no upgrade to an unsecured card available to cardholders.
- Rewards restricted to Harley-Davidson purchases: While points can be earned anywhere, rewards are restricted to Harley-Davidson products and services.
- Foreign transaction fees: The card imposes foreign transaction fees.
What Can You Expect From the Harley-Davidson Secured Card?
The Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Credit Card, issued by U.S. Bank, comes with all the features that the bank offers for other cards. Features are typical of a big bank with pros such as mobile banking and automatic bill pay. The card also gives you access to your VantageScore credit score.
- H-D Visa mobile app: Cardholders can download the H-D Visa mobile app and easily access their credit card account while on the go. The app can be used to pay your bills, receive free customizable alerts, and select custom payment tools.
- Automatic bill pay: The card issuer, U.S. Bank, offers automatic bill pay so you never miss a payment.
- Free credit score check: With access to your VantageScore credit score, you can monitor your credit score to see whether it’s improving. Your credit score can only be accessed via a web browser, and not on the app.
- Lock/unlock card: If your card is missing or stolen, you can lock it so that no one may use it.
Who Should Get the Harley-Davidson Secured Card?
The Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Credit Card is ideal for people who already spend money on Harley-Davidson gear, accessories, service, and more. Since there is no annual fee, Harley-Davidson shoppers will essentially be paying no more than they already are. The points feature makes it easy to receive some extra money towards the products and services you already love.
Moreover, the card is suitable for people with damaged credit scores because of its zero-dollar annual fee. Card applicants, however, are still subject to a credit check prior to approval. Once approved, you must make sure you do not spend more than you can pay off every month because of the high APR.
If you have bad credit, but do not buy Harley-Davidson products or services, the card may still be right for you. Since rewards come in the form of gift cards, cardholders do have the ability to sell them.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/