- Annual percentage rate (APR): 32% and up.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 1 to 2 rewards points per gallon.
- Annual fee: $48 to $144.
- Late fee: $75 or 12.25%.
- Credit score: Fair to Good (580-739).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Fuel rewards: With the regular Fuelman Simple Saver Fleet Card, you’ll earn one rewards point per gallon of gas; you’ll earn two points per gallon with the premium card. When you use your Fuelman Simple Saver Fleet Card to pump gas at a Pilot, Speedway, or Kwik Trip station, you’ll save 10 cents per gallon or two cents per gallon at all other participating gas stations.
- Loyalty bonus: Receive a $50 loyalty bonus when you hold a plus Fuelman Simple Saver Fleet Card account for one year or a $100 loyalty bonus when you hold a premium account for one year.
- Business protection: As a cardholder, you may be eligible for fraud monitoring and alerts, late payment forgiveness (up to twice per year), and business identity protection, depending on the type of card you apply for.
- Monthly fee: You’re responsible for a $4 monthly fee with a regular card, an $8 monthly fee with a plus card, and a $12 monthly fee with a premium card. However, your monthly fees are waived for the first six months after card activation.
- High APR: If you plan to finance your balance, you’re responsible for a 32% APR. To avoid this high APR, pay off your balance each month.
- Rewards points redemption limitations: You’ll earn rewards points for every gallon of gas you buy using your card but you can only cash in when your rewards points balance reaches at least 5,000. Redeem a maximum of 50,000 rewards points at one time. Each point you earn is equal to one cent and can only be cashed in for a prepaid Mastercard.
- Additional fees: If you make a late payment, you’ll owe $75 or 12.25% of the balance, whichever is greater. If your payment is returned, you must pay an additional $50 returned payment fee. There are also several non-standard payment option fees, including a $50 fee for paying with a check and sending it to an address not listed on the invoice and a $50 fee if you initiate a wire transfer or automated clearing house payment. Avoid these fees by paying your balance electronically and on time each month.
What Can You Expect From the Fuelman Simple Saver Fleet Card?
When you sign up for the Fuelman Simple Saver Fleet Card, you’ll gain access to several benefits that are specifically designed for fleet owners.
Fuelman Mobile App
When you download the Android or iOS mobile app to your smartphone, you’ll be prompted to create an account. When you sign into your account, you can review your rewards points and account balance wherever you are. You can also use the app on the go to find participating gas stations near you that accept the card. Use the app’s GPS navigation feature for directions to the station right in the mobile app.
Set Spending Limits
As a fleet owner, several drivers and employees may have access to your Fuelman Simple Saver Fleet Card account. You can set spending limits on each card associated with your account to ensure your balance doesn’t get out of control. You have the ability to set balance, location, and spending type limits so your staff’s card usage is tightly controlled.
As an account holder, you also have access to several accounting features with your card. Through your mobile app or online account, you can sign up for account alerts for balance thresholds or specific purchases. Control the card and permissions directly from your account to prevent misuse of funds. Download or print statements and reports for simple accounting reviews.
With a Fuelman Simple Saver Fleet Card, you have access to 24/7 customer service by phone or online. Use your account to keep track of your maintenance expenses for detailed tax reporting and to review fuel usage. Cardholders also have 24/7 roadside assistance, as well as fraud monitoring and alerts.
Plus card account holders can download enhanced reports to keep track of spending and are given top priority by the Fuleman customer service department. Premium cardholders have access to all these benefits and can also save up to 20% on their maintenance costs. They have the ability to customize their account dashboard with data visualizations to help them better understand spending patterns.
Who Should Get the Fuelman Simple Saver Fleet Card?
If you’re a fleet owner who’s looking for a way to save money on gas and keep track of spending, the Fuelman Simple Saver Fleet Card may be right for you. Since the card is associated with a high APR and additional late or returned payment fees, it’s important to pay off your balance on time every month. Review the participating gas stations and locations to ensure you can take advantage of the card’s rewards program before applying.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!