Friendly Check Cashing Loans and Money Services
Friendly Check Cashing offers financial services focused on providing cash fast. Check cashing is the most popular service that most customers request when visiting these retail locations. However, Friendly check cashing loans and other services are also available, which are different than simple check cashing.
Check cashing is an exchange of a check for the check amount in cash. You can cash your check at your bank for free. However, if it’s after hours or you don’t have a bank account, you can cash a check at participating businesses, such as Friendly Check Cashing, for a fee or percentage of the check amount.
Check cashing loans, also often referred to as payday loans, are provided when a customer asks for a cash advance before he or she has a paycheck in hand. Cash is provided by the company, but the consumer must pay this loan back, with additional interest, when he or she receives the expected paycheck. The interest rates for check cashing loans can be high, so they should only be considered in emergency situations.
Table of Contents
What Kinds of Checks Does Friendly Cash?
With Friendly Check Cashing, you can cash your payroll and personal checks. The company also accepts:
- 401k checks.
- Cashier’s checks.
- Money orders.
- Tax refunds checks.
- Business checks.
- Insurance checks.
- Government-issued checks.
The check amount limits and fees may vary by location. However, in most cases, Friendly Check Cashing fees can add up to about 10% of the check amount. Before attempting to cash your check at one of these retail locations, it’s important to review other places to cash your check. Keep in mind, you can generally cash a check at your own bank for free, or you may find other alternative check cashing services with lower fees, such as Walmart.
How to Use Friendly Check Cashing
Reviewing how to cash a check is important so you can be sure you have what you need to complete the process. To cash a check at Friendly Check Cashing, you’ll need to:
- Find a local Friendly Check Cashing retail store that’s convenient for you.
- Bring a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, and the eligible check.
- Present the check and your acceptable ID to a retail associate.
- Receive your check amount as cash, minus a fee, which can be up to 10% of the check amount.
Loans and Other Services
Friendly Check Cashing offers additional financial services, including personal loans. If you’re strapped for cash, you may be able to obtain one of these personal loans to pay for big expenses, such as Christmas shopping or a family vacation. Additional financial services include:
- Western Union money orders. You can issue money orders to make payments. Fees may vary, but Friendly Check Cashing allows you to track your money order status and place a stop payment, if needed.
- Bill payments. You can issue bill payments at Friendly Check Cashing, if the company is eligible. Most payments are processed in two to three business days and fees can vary from $1 to $3 per transaction.
- Western Union money transfers. After enrolling as a customer with Western Union, you can receive domestic or international money transfers through Friendly Check Cashing. Most payments can be picked up instantly as cash.
- Direct deposits. If you enroll in Friendly Check Cashing’s Green Dot’s Prepaid Visa program, you can have your paycheck direct deposited into your account. This allows you to use the debit card or trade it for cash, minus a fee, as soon as it’s available.
- Debit card withdrawals. Through the Cash4Debit program, you can obtain cash for your tax refund debit card. While Friendly Check Cashing offers higher withdrawal limits than most bank ATMs, keep in mind, you’ll be responsible for paying a fee for each transaction.
Friendly Locations and Hours
Friendly Check Cashing retail stores are located throughout North Carolina. Specific operating hours depend on the location.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
This post was updated November 11, 2019. It was originally published November 11, 2019.