- Annual percentage rate (APR): 0%.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: None.
- Annual fee: See website for Details*
- Credit score: Bad to Fair (300-689).
- Apply Today.
- No credit check: When you apply for the Freedom Gold Card, the company doesn’t perform a credit check or request employment verification. If you have a low credit score, poor credit history, or no credit at all, you’re still likely to be approved for the card once you agree to activate your line of credit.
- 0% APR: The Freedom Gold Card offers a 0% APR. If you finance purchases using the card, the balance isn’t subject to additional interest.
- Monthly fees: There’s no annual fee associated with the Freedom Gold Card but when you activate your card, you’re automatically enrolled in the membership benefits plan. This plan requires a $14.77 monthly fee, which is deducted from your account each statement. This adds up to $177.24 per year. If you fail to pay the membership fee for three statements due to insufficient funds, your enrollment is canceled. If you do enough shopping through the Horizon Outlet, it is possible the savings and other member perks can make up for the monthly fees, but you’ll need to carefully consider your shopping habits.
- No rewards program: While many credit cards reward their account holders with rewards points for prizes or cash back for making purchases, the Freedom Gold Card doesn’t provide rewards offers.
Table of Contents
What Can You Expect From the Freedom Gold Card?
The application process for the Freedom Gold Card is quick and easy and can be completed entirely online. Once you’ve provided your email address and zip code and agreed to the card’s terms and conditions, you can activate your credit card.
The company emails your online account login information and you must sign in to access your $750 credit limit. Then, you can start shopping on the Horizon Outlet and using your card to finance your purchases.
Finance Horizon Outlet Purchases
The Freedom Gold Card can only be used for purchases made on the Horizon Outlet website. This online retailer sells a variety of items, including clothing, toys, electronics, and home goods. These name-brand products are already discounted and account holders may have access to exclusive deals, along with an extensive clearance section.
Membership Plan Benefits
When you activate your Freedom Gold Card and keep your membership plan active, you have access to useful membership benefits. As an active member, you can request free legal assistance or you may qualify for discounted prescription drugs. You also have privacy protection and you’re eligible for roadside assistance. You can access your benefits through your online account but it’s important to understand benefit restrictions, such as maximum coverage limits or applicable deductibles.
Who Should Get the Freedom Gold Card?
Consumers with poor or no credit who don’t have many other financing options could benefit from applying for the Freedom Gold Card. Since the $750 line of credit can only be used for Horizon Outlet purchases, consumers who frequently purchase products from the site or who plan to make purchases soon through the online retailer may also benefit from this financing option.
While there’s no annual fee or interest rate, applicants should be prepared for the hefty monthly fees. By displaying responsible borrowing behaviors, Freedom Gold Card account holders can re-establish their credit, build a positive credit history, and improve their score over time. Once creditworthiness has increased, these consumers may qualify for other credit cards with higher limits, more flexibility, and generous rewards programs.
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!