- Annual percentage rate (APR): 26.99% (variable).
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 20 points for every $1 spent.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: Up to $39.
- Credit score: Fair to Excellent (630-850).
- Compare cards here.
- Generous rewards program: For every eligible dollar you spend at Express with your card, you earn 20 rewards points. As a cardholder, you’re automatically considered an Express Insider member and you can cash in your rewards points for credit on future Express purchases. You don’t earn rewards points on gift boxes, sales tax, shipping fees, or Style Trial transactions.
- Express bonus perks: As an Express NEXT A-List Credit Card account holder, you receive a $15 store reward for every $125 you spend with your card, or every 2,500 points you earn. On your birthday, you receive a bonus $40 reward to be used on Express purchases. You also qualify for free standard U.S. shipping on eligible online Express orders.
- No annual or monthly fees: The Express NEXT A-List card doesn’t charge annual or monthly maintenance fees. However, you’ll owe interest on your account balance if you don’t pay it off in full each month.
- Exclusive to Express purchases: You can only use the Express NEXT A-List Card to make purchases at an Express store or on the retailer’s website. While the card is issued by Comenity Capital Bank, it’s exclusive to Express and cannot be used for purchases through other retailers or merchants.
- No balance transfers or cash advances: You’re also not eligible to request a cash advance or balance transfer with your Express NEXT A-List card. The credit limit you’re approved for with the card can only be used to finance purchases through Express.
- Hefty late or returned-payment fees: While there are no annual fees or monthly maintenance charges, the Express NEXT A-List Card is associated with hefty late or returned-payment fees. If your payment is late or is returned for insufficient funds, you’ll owe up to $39. These charges can add up and by not paying your account balance in full, you’ll also owe interest on the remaining balance.
- Minimum spending to maintain A-List status: To maintain your A-List status with the Express NEXT A-List card, you must spend at least $375 on eligible Express purchases annually. Alternatively, you can earn 7,500 rewards points on Express purchases and/or bonus offers to keep your A-List status. If you forgo your A-List status, you still have access to the credit limit available through your Express NEXT A-List card but you may not earn points as quickly or be eligible for other exclusive A-List member offers.
Table of Contents
What Can You Expect From the Express NEXT A-List Credit Card?
You can apply for the Express NEXT A-List Credit Card online or when you visit an Express store. The company sets your card’s terms, including your credit limit and APR, by examining your creditworthiness. When you activate your Express NEXT A-List card and maintain A-List status, you gain access to other cardholder benefits.
Once you’re approved for the Express NEXT A-List card, you’re eligible for a 20% discount on your first purchase at an Express store or online. You may also receive exclusive offers by email or mail to use on future purchases through the retailer. The store is known to initiate retail promotions that allow you to save on specific purchases you make using your Express NEXT A-List card.
Automatic Rewards Program Enrollment
If you’re not already an Express Insider Rewards member, you’re automatically enrolled in the program when you sign up for an Express NEXT A-List card. It’s free to become a rewards program member and when your account is created, it allows you to earn rewards points on purchases you make with Express.
To retrieve your rewards points, you must have provided an email address when you applied for your credit card. If you failed to provide an email address, you won’t gain access to the points you earn until you complete your member profile and offer a valid email address and login information.
You’re prompted to create an online account after applying for the Express NEXT A-List card. With your online account, you can keep track of your purchases, rewards point balance, and special offers. Your online account also allows you to check your credit card balance and make payments.
Who Should Get the Express NEXT A-List Card?
Since the Express NEXT A-List Credit Card is exclusively for Express purchases, it’s best for consumers who frequently shop with the retailer. The rewards points and exclusive offers are tempting for shoppers but it’s important to consider the slightly high APR. With hefty late or returned payment fees, the card is best for responsible consumers who plan to pay on time each month.
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!