- Annual percentage rate (APR): 12.99% to 20.99%.
- Purchase intro APR: 0% for 12 months.
- Rewards: 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: Up to $40
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
Table of Contents
- Cash back with a match for your first year: The Discover it Business Credit Card has a simple, appealing cash-back structure of 1.5% cash back on all purchases, with no exceptions. Your rewards never expire, and as an added bonus, Discover will match the cash back you earn for your first year as a cardholder.
- No annual fee: Unlike many other rewards credit cards, this card has no annual fee, making it a great option for business owners looking for a straightforward no-fee credit card.
- Intro APR: The card also features an intro APR of 0% for the first 12 months. This means you won’t accumulate any interest on your balance for the first year after you open your account. If you have a couple of large purchases in your future, this could be an attractive offer that would potentially save you a lot of money in interest.
- Great customer service: Discover prides itself on its excellent, U.S.-based customer service, as well as its helpful and informative website.
- No specific rewards categories: While the across-the-board 1.5% cash back rate is pretty attractive on its own, this card doesn’t have any additional cash-back categories to take advantage of. If you have a lot of business expenses in a particular area, like office supplies or travel, you may be able to maximize your benefits with other rewards cards.
- No welcome bonus: Unlike other similar cards, the Discover it Business Credit Card doesn’t offer any welcome bonus for signing up. Other welcome offers can add up to hundreds of dollars, so business owners looking for a hefty bonus might want to look elsewhere. However, the card’s first-year cash-back match could be considered an attractive enough bonus on its own.
What Can You Expect From the Discover it Business Credit Card?
The Discover it Business Credit Card is a straightforward rewards card featuring 1.5% cash back on all purchases. It’s a good option for business owners with a lot of general expenses, especially for those who are planning on making a few significant purchases in the upcoming year.
Earning and Redeeming Rewards
The card’s rewards structure is very simple: earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases, with no exceptions. There’s no limit to the amount you can earn, and your rewards never expire. You can redeem your rewards in the form of a credit to your Discover account, cash deposited into your bank account, or a donation to select charities. While there are no high-earning particular rewards categories for this card, the across-the-board benefit likely makes up for it if your business doesn’t spend a lot in one specific area.
For the first year after you open your account, Discover will match any cash back you earn. This makes it a great deal for business owners who have a few large expenses on the horizon. Coupled with the card’s 0% APR for 12 months, it’s a good opportunity for businesses to invest in expensive equipment and upgrades while earning cash back and avoiding accumulating interest.
The Discover it Business Credit Card has no annual fee, making it an attractive option for business owners looking for a simple, fee-free rewards card. Discover also waives the late fee for your first missed payment, which is a nice perk in case you accidentally forget to pay your bill one month.
The card also comes with a variety of benefits that help business owners manage their card and keep track of their finances. You can get employee cards for no additional cost, and can also view your credit score for free and sign up for Social Security number alerts. The card allows you to download your financial information to bookkeeping programs like QuickBooks and Excel, so you can easily keep track of your business spending.
Who Should Get the Discover it Business Credit Card?
The Discover it Business Credit Card is a good fit for business owners who want a simple, fee-free rewards card with a great cash-back rate. It’s also a good option for those who are planning several large purchases in the upcoming year.
The card probably isn’t the best fit for business owners who spend a lot in a particular category such as office supplies, travel expenses, gas, or dining. These businesses may be able to maximize their rewards with cash-back cards that feature additional benefits in specific categories. For business owners with a variety of expenses looking for a decent cash-back card, however, the Discover it Business Credit Card is a great option to start earning cash back right away.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!