Deserve EDU Mastercard for Students
- Annual percentage rate (APR): 18.74% (variable).
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 1% cash back.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: Up to $25.
- Credit score: No credit history required.
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Cash-back rewards: Once you’re approved for the Deserve EDU Mastercard for Students, you’ll automatically begin earning 1% cash back on all eligible purchases you make with your card. This cash back is applied to your account balance, saving you money on your monthly statement.
- No annual or foreign transaction fees: There are no annual or monthly fees associated with the Deserve EDU Mastercard. Foreign transactions are also fee-free for international students or those traveling abroad. You’re not charged additional fees if you exceed your credit limit, although the charge may be denied and it could negatively affect your credit score.
- Free Amazon Prime student membership: When you sign up for the Deserve EDU Mastercard and spend at least $500 after your first three billing cycles, you’re eligible for a free one-year Amazon Prime student membership, which usually costs about $59.
- No introductory APR: Many credit cards offer a 0% introductory APR to new customers. However, with the Deserve EDU Mastercard, you’re charged an 18.74% APR on financed purchases you make from the day you activate the card. This APR could change if the prime rate changes. You can avoid these interest charges by paying off your statement balance on time every month. Make your payment at least 23 days after the close of your monthly billing cycle and you won’t be charged interest on your account balance.
- Steep returned-payment fee: With the Deserve EDU Mastercard, it’s important to ensure the monthly payment you make is on time and completed with a valid and sufficient payment method. The minimum payment due each month is at least $15 or 3% of your remaining account balance, whichever is greater. The company charges up to $37 for a returned payment and up to $25 for a payment that’s made past the due date.
- No balance transfers or cash advances: You can only use the Deserve EDU Mastercard to finance purchases. Unlike many other credit cards, the Deserve EDU Mastercard doesn’t allow you to request cash advances or balance transfers. However, without an introductory APR offer, you may not even be tempted to transfer your other credit cards’ balances to the Deserve EDU Mastercard.
What Can You Expect From the Deserve EDU Mastercard for Students?
When you’re approved for the Deserve EDU Mastercard for Students, you can begin using your card to make purchases up to your credit limit. There are several benefits associated with the card.
When you provide your personal information and financial details, the company can instantly pre-qualify you for the Deserve EDU Mastercard. With a soft credit inquiry and a review of your details, you’ll find out if you’re likely to be approved for the card before completing the application process.
If you decide to apply for the Deserve EDU Mastercard, you’ll provide additional details and the company will check your credit. Upon approval, you’re provided with your unique credit card terms, including a credit limit up to $5,000, and you must agree to these terms to begin using the card.
When you become a Deserve EDU Mastercard account holder, you can create an online account that allows you to view your recent transactions, learn more about your card terms, or make a payment. You can also download the mobile app to your Android or iOS operating system smartphone or tablet and log into your online account from anywhere. Through the mobile app, you can check your cash-back rewards balance or set up automatic monthly payments.
You’re provided with a personal referral code when you activate your Deserve EDU Mastercard. When you use this code and refer a friend to sign up for the card, you’re eligible to receive a $30 referral reward.
When your friend successfully completes the activation process, they’ll also receive a $30 referral reward. There’s no limit to the number of friends or family members you can refer to sign up for the card while still qualifying to receive the referral bonus.
Who Should Get the Deserve EDU Mastercard for Students?
The Deserve EDU Mastercard for Students is designed for students and with the $0 foreign transaction fee, it may be best for international students or those traveling abroad. While the APR is relatively low, there’s no introductory offer so it’s a more beneficial card for consumers who plan to pay their account balance in full each month.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/