Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi
- Annual percentage rate (APR): 15.24%.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 1-4% cash back.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: Up to $40.
- Credit score: Excellent (800-850).
- Compare cards here.
The Costco Anywhere Visa Card, issued by CitiBank, is a cash-back credit card perfect for dedicated Costco shoppers. Cardholders must keep their Costco membership open to continue earning and redeeming rewards.
Table of Contents
This cash-back credit card has a ton of terrific rewards that can be redeemed at any U.S. Costco warehouse, including those in Puerto Rico.
- Cash-back rewards: Perhaps the best feature of this card is its exceptional cash-back rewards.
- 4% cash back on gas: You’ll receive 4% cash back on your first $7,000 per year spent on gas. After that you will receive 1% cash back.
- 3% cash back on restaurants and travel purchases: You’ll receive 3% cash back at all restaurants and on eligible travel purchases.
- 2% cash back on Costco purchases: For all Costco purchases, you’ll receive 2% cash back.
- 1% on general purchases: For all other purchases, you’ll receive 1% cash back.
- No annual fee: There is no annual fee on the card itself, but you must pay the Costco membership fee.
- No foreign transaction fees: There are no foreign transaction fees for purchases made outside of the U.S. What’s more, you’ll continue earning rewards while abroad.
- Extended warranty: Citi will extend your warranty for up to two years — on top of Costco’s two-year extended warranty (for eligible purchases).
- Purchase protection: Shopping protections include extended warranty and purchase protection for theft or damages.
Drawbacks to the Costco Anywhere Card involve its limitations to Costco-only purchases and restrictions on who can apply for the card.
- Limited to Costco members: You must pay for a Costco membership to apply for this card.
- Rewards are redeemable once a year: Rewards can only be redeemed once a year in February and are limited to Costco purchases.
- Requires excellent credit: You must have excellent credit to apply for this card.
What Can You Expect From the Costco Anywhere Card?
Cardholders can expect all the same features associated with a big bank since the card is issued by Citi. Typical features of a big bank include a mobile app and zero liability for fraud.
- “Anywhere” card: It really is an “anywhere” card. You can expect to earn rewards on restaurants, gas, travel, and more, whether you’re in the U.S. or abroad.
- Citi mobile app: You’ll have access to the Citi mobile app, making it possible to take all your banking needs on the go.
- Add authorized users: The primary cardholder can add authorized users, making access to the card convenient for families and friends.
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases: You will hold no liability if an unauthorized purchase is made on your card.
- Roadside assistance dispatch service: If you get stuck on the side of the road or experience some other car-related issue, you’ll have a number to call for roadside assistance.
- Travel and emergency: You’ll have access to 24/7 emergency assistance even when traveling outside of the country. This includes medical and legal assistance.
- Worldwide car rental insurance: You’ll have access to car rental insurance around the world.
- Citi Entertainment: Through the Citi Entertainment Program you’ll be able to get tickets for thousands of events before they’re released to the public.
- Citi Quick Lock: CitiBank’s Quick Lock feature lets you quickly lock your card in the event that it is lost or stolen.
Who Should Get the Costco Anywhere Card?
The Costco Anywhere Visa Card is the ideal card for loyal Costco members. Since rewards are only redeemable at Costco warehouses, you’ll want to already be spending money there. With the card, you’ll be able to continue shopping at Costco, but you’ll receive cash-back rewards for doing so. Moreover, the card is an excellent choice for avid travelers or restaurant-goers. So if you’re already a Costco member hoping to travel and enjoy eating out, this is the card for you.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/