- Annual percentage rate (APR): 13.49% to 23.49% (variable);
- Purchase intro APR: 0% for 15 months;
- Rewards: 1 or 2 points per $1 spent;
- Annual fee: $0;
- Late fee: Up to $40;
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
- Learn more about the best rewards credit cards.
- Consistent rewards categories make your rewards easy to manage. Cardholders receive two ThankYou points per dollar spent at supermarkets and gas stations (for a maximum of $6,000 per year), and one ThankYou point per dollar for all other purchases.
- Qualifying rewards points are rounded up to the nearest 10 points. For example, if you bought a $2 candy bar, you would receive 10 points.
- There is a wide variety of redemption options. You can redeem your points for many different benefits, including travel, gift cards, statement credit, and merchandise.
- There is a sign-up bonus. New cardholders can gain 15,000 ThankYou points (redeemable for $150 in gift cards) if they spend $1,000 on qualifying purchases within the first three months.
- Cardholders with comparatively poor credit history may have a fairly high APR. However, the lower-range APR for this card is very reasonable. Prospective cardholders may want to take steps such as paying off debts and building positive credit with a different card before applying for the Citi Rewards+ card.
- There is a cap on the bonus rewards category. ThankYou points for expenditures at supermarkets and gas stations stop accruing after the first $6,000 spent every year. However, points for other categories don’t have a cap.
- There is a 3% or $5 balance transfer fee, depending on which is greater. While not ideal, this is actually a fairly standard balance transfer fee. However, if you are concerned about this expense, it is possible to explore other options for paying off credit card debt, such as personal loans or negotiation with your credit card company.
Table of Contents
What Can You Expect From the Citi Rewards+ Card?
Points can be redeemed at Amazon or Best Buy for a redemption cost of less than one cent each, or as gift cards for less than one cent each. Travel expenses using ThankYou points can be booked through the ThankYou Travel Portal. If you also hold the Citi Prestige Card or the Citi Premier Card, you can transfer your points to the other account to take advantage of the partnership opportunities available to people with Prestige and Premier accounts.
It is also important to note that you will receive 10% of your points back on redeemed points up to a maximum of 100,000 redeemed points per year. Your account also comes with a digital wallet and 24/7 customer service.
Citi Mobile App
Citi has an app that is available for free on the Apple App Store and Google Play. This app allows you to check your credit card account summary, receive important notifications, and lock your credit card in the event that it is lost or stolen.
Who Should Get the Citi Rewards+ Card?
This card is ideal for people who find particular appeal in rewards for grocery shopping and gas purchases, as well as people who make many small purchases As previously stated, cardholders receive two rewards points per dollar spent at supermarkets and gas stations. Additionally, because points are rounded up to the nearest multiple of 10, with no minimum purchase amount, people who make a habit of buying many, very cheap items could benefit greatly from using this card.
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!