Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card
- Purchase intro APR: 0% for the first 15 months.
- Annual percentage rate (APR): 14.99% to 23.74% (variable).
- Rewards: 5% or 1.5 % cash back.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: Up to $39.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
- Compare other rewards cards here.
Table of Contents
- The Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card offers a high rewards rate with no minimum amount that cardholders must spend to receive cash back. For the first year, cardholders earn 5% cash back on grocery purchases.
- Cash-back rewards do not expire as long as the account is open.
- The Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card not only earns you cash back through purchases, but also offers Chase Ultimate Rewards points, which can be transferred to other Chase accounts. For each $1 spent, you earn 1.5 rewards points. Each rewards point is worth one cent when redeemed for cash back, gift card purchases, or travel booked through Chase; for Amazon purchases, rewards points are worth 0.8 cents a piece.
- The Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card offers card protection that includes
- Unlimited free access to your credit score;
- Zero liability fraud protection for unauthorized charges made with your account;
- Purchase protection against damage or theft for 120 days — up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account;
- Extended warranty protection that extends the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of three years or less.
- The Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card offers partner benefits with Door Dash and Lyft if the account is opened within the qualifying time period.
- There is a balance transfer fee you must pay for transferring an existing balance from another card. The balance transfer fee is $5 or 5% of the transfer amount, whichever is greater.
- The variable APR of 14.99% to 23.74% is higher than the typical APR attached to a card for those with excellent or good credit. However, there is no APR for the first 15 months.
- The Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card has a foreign transaction fee of 3% for purchases made from an international merchant or while traveling abroad.
- Besides the grocery store purchase rewards, there are no ongoing bonus categories for rewards.
What Can You Expect From the Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card?
Along with the easy-to-navigate rewards system with no expiration, and the 0% APR for the first 15 months, this card offers partnership benefits with DoorDash and Lyft during the qualifying time periods.
Cardholders receive three free months of a DashPash if the card is activated by December 31, 2021. DashPash is the DoorDash subscription service that offers $0 delivery fees on orders of $12 or more. After the initial three-month introductory period, cardholders are automatically enrolled in DashPash at a 50% discount rate for nine months. Cardholders can also earn 5% cash back on Lyft rides through March of 2020.
There is a $200 bonus you could earn after spending $500 in the first three months. If you earn the $200 sign-up bonus by meeting the $500 spend in the initial three months, and you spend $12,000 on groceries in the first year, you’ll earn a full $800 in cash-back rewards.
Who Should Get the Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card?
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card is a great option for those with good or excellent credit. Though the rewards system does not include bonus categories besides groceries, it is easy to earn and keep track of the cash-back rewards you earn and they do not expire as long as the card is open.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card is equipped with “tap to pay” technology, making purchases even easier, and maintains Chase protection services with zero liability protection for unauthorized use of the account. Additionally, the unlimited access to your credit score makes this card helpful for those that are looking to continue their journey of building and managing their good credit with an easy-to-navigate rewards system.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/