Capital One Spark Miles Select Credit Card
- Annual percentage rate (APR): 13.99% to 23.99%.
- Purchase intro APR: 0% for nine months.
- Rewards: 1.5 miles per $1 spent.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: $39.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (690-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Miles rewards: The Spark Miles Select card offers a flat, unlimited reward of 1.5 miles per $1 spent on every purchase with no blackouts, seat restrictions, and no minimum. Additionally, you’ll earn five times the miles if you book through Capital One Travel. These rewards can be very helpful to a business that travels often.
- New cardmember offer: New members can receive a bonus of 20,000 miles if you spend $3,000 within the first three months. These miles can also be redeemed for money towards travel.
- No fees: With no annual fee, this card is cheaper than the average credit card. Coupled with the miles you’ll earn while traveling, this will help you save money for your business in the long run.
- Higher interest: The Spark Miles Select card has a higher-than-normal interest rate, which could affect your total payment amount and your credit score. However, this can be avoided if you pay off your balance every month.
- Personal credit could be affected: Capital One not only reports credit usage to commercial credit bureaus, it also reports credit usage to consumer credit bureaus. Therefore, if you leave a large balance on the card month to month, it could affect your personal credit score as well as your business’s credit score.
What Can You Expect From the Capital One Spark Miles Select Credit Card?
The Spark Miles Select card comes with additional perks including:
- Card lock: If your card is lost or stolen, you can use the online portal or the mobile app to lock the card.
- Payment flexibility: You’re able to pick your own monthly due date so it doesn’t coincide with your other business payments.
- Transaction and purchase records: You can find merchant information such as addresses, logos, phone numbers, and maps. Additionally, the account allows you to download purchase records into software accounting to make taxes and other accounting issues easier.
- $0 fraud liability: If your card or an employee’s card is lost or stolen, you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized purchases.
Cardholders also get 24-hour customer service, allowing them to call a toll-free number and speak to specially trained reps in regards to their credit card problems. The online portal and mobile banking app allow cardholders to obtain virtual account numbers for online shopping and get credit alerts and identity theft monitoring.
Who Should Get the Capital One Spark Miles Select Credit Card?
This card is ideal for small business owners who travel often and want to use travel rewards to their advantage. With Capital One credit cards, you can use miles for flights, hotels, and vacation packages. You also have access to unlimited employee cards with which you can earn unlimited rewards. This card can help you maintain strong credit for your business and comes with many perks if you and your employees travel a lot.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/