Capital One Spark Classic Credit Card
- Annual percentage rate (APR): 26.99% (variable).
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 1% cash back.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: $39.
- Credit score: Fair to Excellent (630-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Year-end summaries: Business owners can get custom, itemized spending reports on primary and employee cards. These summaries will help simplify taxes and accounting for your business.
- No fees: This card has no annual fee and no transaction fees, which is rare for cardholders who have limited credit. With no fees, this card is a more affordable option for people with lower credit scores.
- Unlimited rewards: The Spark Classic’s rewards system allows you to receive 1% cash back on all purchases. Cardholders can enjoy unlimited rewards on any amount with no expiration date as long as the account is open.
- Free business spending tools: Cardholders can obtain free cards for their employees and the ability to download transactions into accounting software. Not only does this make tax-time easier for business, but you can also earn points from every card your employees have.
- High interest rate: This card is on the higher end of APR. The cardholder should try to pay off their balance as much as possible so they don’t harm their credit score.
- Low rewards: This card does not offer a sign-up bonus and the cash-back percentage is minimal. However, to compensate for the low rewards, the Spark Classic offers additional standard business benefits.
What Can You Expect From the Capital One Spark Classic Credit Card?
The Spark Classic offers additional perks, including:
- Auto rental damage waiver: When you rent a car with this card, you can benefit from Visa’s auto rental damage waiver. This benefit will cover you for damage caused by collision or theft when renting an eligible car.
- Purchase security: Eligible purchases are covered against damage and theft for 90 days.
- Extended warranty protection: The manufacturer’s warranty is doubled for eligible purchases. This applies to warranties under three years and adds an additional year of warranty.
- Travel and emergency assistance services: Travelers can call the number on the back of their card to receive legal or medical referrals, ticket replacements, and lost luggage location.
- Visa SavingsEdge: You can get up to 15% off at merchants when you shop through the Visa SavingsEdge online portal.
Cardholders can also get 24-hour customer service, allowing them to call a toll-free number and speak to specially trained reps in regards to their credit card problems. The online portal and mobile banking app give cardholders the ability to lock down a stolen or lost card, obtain virtual account numbers for online shopping, and get credit alerts and identity theft monitoring.
Who Should Get the Capital One Spark Classic Credit Card?
This card is ideal for business owners who have fair credit and are seeking a business card. Typically, cards for fair credit don’t offer rewards and have more fees, which is why the Spark Classic is a rare type of business credit card. You’re also able to hand out unlimited employee cards that you can earn unlimited rewards on. This card can help build and strengthen credit for your business, and comes with many perks if your employees travel a lot.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/