- Annual percentage rate (APR): None.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: Points, perks, and discounts.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: N/A.
- Credit score: No credit check.
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
The Brex Mastercard Corporate Credit Card is the first card designed specifically for e-commerce businesses. Because it is a charge card, it offers unique benefits different from those of a traditional credit card:
- Flexible credit limit: The Brex Corporate Card sets your credit limit based on the performance of your business. You can get up to 75% of your projected monthly sales as your credit limit, with a maximum limit of $5 million for qualifying companies.
- Credits, coupons, and discounts: When you sign up, you can enjoy a variety of coupons and discounts worth up to $150,000. Many of these perks are for products and services that may be useful for your business. This includes discounts from Carta, Google Ads, Klaviyo, Salesforce, and Yotpo, as well as $5,000 in Amazon Web Services credit.
- No fees or interest: Since it’s a charge card, you don’t have to pay any fees or interest charges. Not only are there no annual or hidden fees, but there also aren’t any foreign transaction fees. Instead of charging interest, Brex makes a small commission each time you use your card.
- 60-day payment window: You have 60 full days to pay your bill, rather than the standard 30-day payment period for a traditional credit card. The payment window begins from the date of purchase. For instance, if you make a purchase on September 27, you would have until November 27 to pay it off.
Though the Brex Corporate Card comes with plenty of perks, there are a few disadvantages you need to be aware of:
- Limited rewards program: Brex does not offer a traditional rewards or cash-back program for its e-commerce card. The e-commerce card is not eligible for Brex Exclusive, their cash-back and point multiplier rewards program — though you can still earn rewards points through referrals and other bonuses. These points are redeemable through your statement credit dashboard. Overall, it’s a small price to pay considering the lack of fees and the other benefits available to your business.
- Payments in full: You have to pay your bill in full on the day it is due — there are no partial or minimum payments available like there are with a credit card. For example, if you spent $500 on March 18 and $1,000 on March 19, you would owe $500 on May 18 and $1,000 on May 19. The 60-day payment period does work to ease some of this burden, especially if your business has an inconsistent cash flow each month.
- Designed specifically for e-commerce: This card was crafted specifically to meet the needs of e-commerce organizations, and it likely won’t be as useful or well-suited to physical businesses. If you operate a brick-and-mortar store, this may not be the best card for your business.
What Can You Expect From the Brex Corporate Card for E-commerce?
The Brex Mastercard Corporate Credit Card for e-commerce offers a simple and user-friendly experience. It can be used either online or in-person where Mastercard and Visa are accepted. You have to connect your Brex card to your business’s bank account, which will be automatically billed when your statement ends.
The Brex Corporate Card for e-commerce can integrate seamlessly with their other products, such as Brex Cash. It also supports integrations with many essential business platforms, including Expensify, NetSuite, QuickBooks, and Xero. Having this integration functionality makes it even easier to run and grow your business, as you don’t have to worry about manually organizing all of your finances.
Brex has created a mobile app that you can use in conjunction with your charge card to stay on top of your business finances. With the app, you can access your card to make purchases, check your existing balance, and upload your receipts in real time. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
Brex has a quick online application and near-instant approval process for their corporate card. As soon as you’re approved, you will receive a virtual card number that you can begin using immediately. Brex will also issue a physical card, which you will receive in the mail.
You can issue physical or virtual cards for each one of your employees, each with their own specific spending limits. Your first five cards are included at no expense, but you will have to pay $5 per user per month for additional cards.
Who Should Get the Brex Corporate Card for E-commerce?
The Brex Mastercard Corporate Credit Card for e-commerce is ideal for individuals who own e-commerce businesses. It’s an attractive option if you have poor personal credit or don’t want to put down a security deposit, especially since there are no fees or interest charges.
However, not everyone is eligible for this card. Brex specifies that only corporations and other non-individual liability companies (such as LLCs or C-corps) that are registered in the United States can apply for their charge cards. Sole proprietorships and unregistered businesses are ineligible. Even if you are eligible, this card may not be the best choice if you have a brick-and-mortar business.
Simply put, the Brex Mastercard Corporate Credit Card for e-commerce is a great option if you aren’t interested in a traditional business credit card. Not having to worry about paying monthly fees and having a flexible credit limit allows you to take better control of your business’s finances once you’re approved. As long as you’re willing to pay off the card in full, it’s a great financial asset that could be helpful in growing and expanding your e-commerce business.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!