Avianca Vuela Visa LifeMiles Credit Card
- Annual percentage rate (APR): 13.24% to 26.24%.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 40,000 LifeMiles; earn more LifeMiles through purchases.
- Annual fee: $149.
- Late fee: $38.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Great way to earn LifeMiles: The LifeMiles program allows you to book with any Star Alliance partner. There is no cap on how many LifeMiles you can accrue, and they will never expire (as long as you earn points at least once every 12 months). With this card offer from the Banco Popular de Puerto Rico, users can earn three LifeMiles per dollar spent on Avianca purchases, two per dollar spent at gas stations/grocery stores, and one per dollar spent on any other purchase. In addition, users earn 40,000 miles after first using the card. With the right strategy, you can accrue some serious rewards.
- Valuable travel benefits: With an extra free checked bag for flights to Central America and no foreign transaction fees, Avianca Vuela Visa cardholders can accrue LifeMiles abroad without fear of racking up additional costs. Further, travel accident insurance, as well as an auto rental collision damage waiver, mean that any mishaps during travels will not leave users saddled with debt. Finally, if a cardholder loses their credit card, they can get an emergency card replacement quickly. All of these benefits reduce the financial risks travelers might be exposed to and help users make the most of their rewards miles.
- Additional discounts for trips to Central America or Colombia: Once cardholders spend $12,000 in a year, they’ll receive a 50% discount on an award ticket for travel to Central America or Colombia. After passing $24,000 in spending within a year, they’ll receive an additional 50% discount for flights to these same areas.
- High penalty APR: Travel rewards cards generally have a higher APR than cards without such perks, and this holds true for the Avianca Vuela Visa Credit Card. However, making a late payment can cost a lot more than the $38 late fee — it may also result in your APR being raised up to 29.99%. Of course, you can avoid both of these penalties by being diligent with payments.
- High annual fee: Many travel credit cards have a lower annual fee than the $149 required for this offering, and some have no annual fees at all. Of course, this concern is offset by a generous rewards program. If you aren’t able to get enough LifeMiles through your travel and spending habits to rationalize this annual fee, however, you may want to consider alternatives.
- No introductory APR for purchases: Many credit cards have an introductory APR — a great incentive for travelers looking to book a flight in the near future. However, the Avianca Vuela Visa Credit Card does not have a promotional introductory period of this type.
What Can You Expect From the Avianca Vuela Visa Credit Card?
Individuals with the Avianca Vuela Visa Credit Card enjoy a number of perks as cardholders with the Banco Popular De Puerto Rico. This includes online access to accounts and exclusive offers. To learn more, review the sections below.
Mi Banco Mobile & Mi Banco Online
For easy control of your new credit card, you can access the Banco Popular de Puerto Rico’s mobile app (available on both Android and iOS devices) or online portal. The features of these platforms include:
- Paying utility bills or mortgage payments;
- Transferring money between your accounts;
- Accessing electronic statements;
- Setting up email or text alerts for purchases.
Other Perks for Banco Popular de Puerto Rico Credit Cardholders
As a cardholder with this bank, there are multiple perks. These include:
- 20% discounts at participating restaurants from Monday to Wednesday;
- Exclusive Visa offers from a variety of product/service categories;
- New payment options, such as Visa Checkout and mobile payments.
Who Should Get the Avianca Vuela Visa Card?
Users who intend on charging many Avianca flights to their card may benefit a great deal from signing up for the Avianca Vuela Visa Card. The resulting LifeMiles can be used for substantial savings. Further, the numerous travel benefits provide a lot of extra value for frequent flyers — particularly those who are interested in traveling to Central America or Colombia. For these consumers, this suite of benefits easily justifies the $149 annual fee.
If you are unsure whether this card offer is right for you, it can help to do some calculations. Determine how much value you will get from the rewards on offer, then weigh those benefits with the costs. Depending on your circumstances, the Avianca Vuela Visa Credit Card could be the ideal travel companion to address your financial needs.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/