Amscot offers check cashing and other financial services at its retail locations throughout Florida. You may want to take advantage of this service if you need to cash a check after hours or you don’t have access to a bank account.
To participate in check cashing at a retail location, you are required to provide an acceptable form of government-issued photo identification, as well as an eligible check. This may include your U.S. passport, military ID, driver’s license, or identification card. Additionally, you must pay the Amscot check-cashing fees to utilize this convenient service.
Table of Contents
Does Amscot Cash Personal Checks?
Yes, Amscot will cash personal checks as long as they are authentic and written correctly. While there are usually no maximum check amount limits, the check itself must be eligible. In addition to personal checks, Amscot will also cash:
- Cashier’s checks;
- Government checks;
- Money orders;
- Out-of-state checks;
- Tax refund checks;
- Traveler’s checks;
The check you present cannot be altered and the written figure must match the numbers that are written on the check. You are expected to provide personal information and acceptable government-issued identification to participate in check-cashing services with Amscot.
How Much Does Amscot Charge to Cash a Check?
You may be wondering how much Amscot charges to cash a check if you’re planning to use this service. Amscot check-cashing fees can vary by location and each store is equipped to provide specific information on its check-cashing fees.
Generally, the minimum fee charged is $3, but this fee increases depending on the type of check and the check amount
Amscot Check Cashing Fees:
- Cashier’s checks: 3.9% to 4.9% of the total check amount.
- Government checks: $3 to $10 for checks under $1,000; 1.9% for checks $1,000 to $1,499; and 2.9% for checks $1,500 and over.
- Insurance check: 3.9% to 4.9% of the total check amount.
- Money order: 9.9% of the cash amount; 1.5% if it’s an Amscot money order.
- Payroll check: 4.5% of the total check amount.
- Personal checks: 9.9% of the total check amount.
- Tax refund checks: 2.5% of the total check amount.
- Handwritten checks: 4.5% of the total check amount.
How to Cash a Check Through Amscot
You’ll need to learn how to cash a check through Amscot if you plan to visit a retail location to receive cash for your check. To complete this process, you must:
- Visit a location during business hours.
- Present your eligible check and acceptable government-issued photo identification.
- Provide additional information to the representative, such as your date of birth and Social Security number, if requested.
- Provide a payment amount that includes the applicable fees.
- Receive cash instantly.
Additional Services Through Amscot
Amscot offers other services besides check cashing, including:
- Bill payments;
- Cash advances and loans;
- In-store ATMs;
- Money orders;
- Notary services;
- Photocopy services;
- Prepaid Amscot Mastercards;
- Rolled change.
Before enlisting these services, you should ensure that your location offers them. Many branches offer different services depending on their location.
Amscot Cash Advance
Amscot offers a financing option called Amscot Cash Advance. Applicants can borrow up to $500 for emergency expenses for a flat, one-time fee. Additionally, Amscot does not require credit checks for this service. To get a cash advance, you must:
- Fill out the application form;
- Sign a cash advance contract;
- Write a check for the loan amount to be held by Amscot till your next payday.
- Employment or a verifiable source of income;
- A reliable phone number;
- An open and active checking account in good standing;
- A valid government-issued ID.
Amscot Locations and Hours
Amscot retail stores are available throughout the state of Florida. Most stores are open seven days a week. Some stores are open 24 hours a day, but specific hours may vary by location.
Amscot boasts some of the lowest fees for check cashing and can cash most types of checks. If you are looking for a place to cash your check, Amscot can be an inexpensive and convenient option.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!