- Annual percentage rate (APR): 30%.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 1.25% back on purchases.
- Annual fee: $499 and $199 supplementary card fee.
- Late fee: 30% interest charge on balance past due.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Generous rewards: The Amex Canada Business Platinum Card rewards program is extensive. You earn 1.25 membership reward points for every dollar in eligible purchases you make using the card. There’s no maximum to the number of points you can earn and you can redeem these points for statement credit, travel, gift cards, and merchandise. Points may also be transferred to your hotel loyalty or frequent flyer programs.
- Included travel benefits: As a cardholder, you benefit from travel benefits included in your membership, such as access to numerous airline lounges and vehicle upgrades or other perks with popular rental car companies, such as Hertz and Avis. You’re also eligible for discounted base airfare through the International Airline Program and additional upgrades and benefits at participating hotels.
- Welcome rewards point bonus: If you make $7,000 in purchases on your card within the first three months of your membership, you’re eligible for a 35,000 rewards points welcome bonus.
- No credit limit: If you make your payments on time and continue to show you’re financially responsible, your Amex Canada Business Platinum Card isn’t associated with a specific credit limit. Your limit adjusts based on your card usage and has the ability to infinitely grow over time.
- High APR: As a cardholder, you’re required to pay off your balance each month. If you fail to do so, a 30% APR applies to the unpaid balance. Even just one month at this high APR increases your balance and can make it hard to catch up on payments. You’re eligible for a short interest-free grace period of up to 55 days, which varies based on your payment and credit history.
- High annual fee: The $499 annual fee is higher than some other small business credit cards. However, this fee may be tax-deductible and your American Express membership includes many travel perks and access to the membership rewards program.
- Eligibility factors: In addition to having good to excellent credit, you must also be a Canadian resident with a Canadian credit file to qualify for the Amex Canada Business Platinum Card. Additionally, according to American Express, you must be the “age of majority” in your home province or territory. If your business’s annual revenue is more than $10 million, American Express may recommend a corporate credit card instead of a small business card.
What Can You Expect From the Amex Canada Business Platinum Card?
Online Access and Customer Service
You can apply for the Amex Canada Business Platinum card online and receive approval within minutes. As a cardholder, you’re able to manage your account and make payments online once you set up an American Express account. Customer service is available by phone 24 hours a day and you can also reach out by email through your online account.
As an Amex Canada Business Platinum Card cardholder, you earn membership rewards quickly when you spend. These points can be traded in to cover travel expenses or upgrades, along with merchandise and statement credits.
You also benefit from travel insurance coverage with your American Express membership. This includes several coverages subject to limits and eligibility, such as:
- Emergency medical insurance.
- Trip cancellation insurance.
- Trip interruption insurance.
- Travel emergency assistance.
- Lost or stolen baggage insurance.
- Flight delay insurance.
Through the American Express Concierge program, you have access to an entertainment expert to recommend events, restaurants, and facilities bound to impress your clients and colleagues.
Fraud Protection Guarantee
The Amex Canada Business Platinum Card comes with a fraud protection guarantee. If you’ve taken reasonable action to protect your identity, card information, and PIN, you’re not responsible for any fraudulent charges on your account, whether they were made in-person or online.
Who Should Get the Amex Canada Business Platinum Card?
The Amex Canada Business Platinum card may be right for you if you’re a small business owner with good credit. If you plan to use the card frequently, you’re bound to benefit from the comprehensive membership rewards program, which can be cashed in for a multitude of different rewards.
If you’re a frequent traveler, you may also benefit from the travel insurance coverage and perks associated with the card. Be prepared for the annual fee and pay off your credit card balance each month to avoid the high APR.
If you’re a Canadian business owner who’s looking for an American Express card with travel benefits and a generous membership rewards program, you may want to consider the Amex Canada Business Platinum Card. Before applying for the card, be sure you understand the annual fee, APR, and eligibility criteria.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Our Experts Recently Evaluated The Top 5 Credit Repair Companies Available.