- Annual percentage rate (APR): 19.99% to 26.99%;
- Purchase intro APR: None;
- Rewards: 2, 3, or 5 points per $1 spent;
- Annual fee: $150;
- Late fee: N/A;
- Credit score: Very good to excellent (740 to 850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Can You Expect From the Amex Canada Marriott Bonvoy Business Card?
- 2 Who Should Get the Amex Canada Marriott Bonvoy Business Credit Card?
- Bonus offer: Get started on your business and personal travel quickly with a welcome bonus of 50,000 points. According to Marriott, the bonus award is enough for three nights at a Category 2 hotel for free.
- Refer others to earn more points: The business card’s referral program will award you 10,000 bonus points for each approved person you refer. If you have a large network of business contacts and partners, you could earn free nights faster through referrals than by making purchases.
- Access to 29 hotel brands: The Marriott network of properties reaches beyond JW Marriott to ensure your business stays are possible nearly everywhere. Marriott’s portfolio also includes:
- Four Points by Sheraton;
- JW Marriott;
- Tribute Portfolio;
- W Hotels;
- Le Méridien;
- Ritz Carlton;
- St. Regis;
- Luxury Collection.
- Additional cards come with a fee: Adding employees to your Marriott Bonvoy Business Card account costs $50 per additional card. If you have multiple employees who require a business card, the annual fees add up quickly.
- Points transfers to airlines aren’t advantageous: Redeeming points for flights requires a transfer, which may not be the best use of points. You’ll need to transfer three Marriott Bonvoy points for just one Air Canada Aeroplan Mile. A short-haul Canadian flight will cost you 45,000 Marriott Bonvoy points.
What Can You Expect From the Amex Canada Marriott Bonvoy Business Card?
The Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex has many features small businesses and larger companies could benefit from.
You’ll have access to year-end reports through the Amex website for better expense tracking. Small business specialists are a toll-free phone call away if you have any questions about your account.
Flexible Payment Terms
The bulk of American Express cards have the requirement that the balance must be paid in full each month. The Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex gives you the option to carry a balance or pay the amount off in full.
Special Perks During Marriott Property Stays
Whether you’re traveling for business or personal reasons, your Amex gives you access to room upgrades when available, later checkouts of 2 p.m., and a welcome gift, such as premium WiFi or arrival refreshments.
Other Travel Coverages
Besides the perks you’ll receive on your Marriott Bonvoy stays, all Amex Bonvoy Business cardholders have other coverages available, including:
- Travel emergency assistance;
- Travel accident insurance up to $500,000;
- Delayed, lost, or stolen baggage coverage;
- Delayed flight insurance;
- Hotel or motel burglary insurance;
- Car rental insurance for theft and damage.
Amex Canada Mobile App
The Amex Canada mobile app allows you to manage your cards using a smartphone or tablet. You can monitor spending, download statements and reports, or schedule/pay your bill wherever you may be.
Employee Card Misuse Protection
Limit your company’s liability if a former employee makes unauthorized charges using the company’s Bonvoy Amex. If you terminate an employee and cancel their card within two business days of letting them go, you won’t be responsible for any unauthorized charges the former employee makes.
Who Should Get the Amex Canada Marriott Bonvoy Business Credit Card?
The Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express is ideal for business owners who do a bit of work-related travel. You’ll have the opportunity to earn points, which can be redeemed for flights or hotel stays at the large Marriott Hotel portfolio.
You’ll earn points on all your (and your employees’) business spending. Rewards rates are five points for each dollar spent on Marriott Bonvoy property purchases, three points on travel, dining, and gasoline, and two on all other spending. Leveraging spending for free hotel stays could save a business considerable money on travel.
The card facilitates the tracking of expenses by providing spending reports that can be downloaded in a variety of formats, which could save companies time and confusion during the tax-filing season. In addition, the annual fee of $150 per year, plus $50 per employee card, may be tax deductible.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Our Experts Recently Evaluated The Top 5 Credit Repair Companies Available.