- Annual percentage rate (APR): 12.99% to 23.99% (variable)(see rates and fees).
- Purchase intro APR: 0% for 15 months.
- Rewards: 2 points per dollar on U.S. supermarket purchases ($6,000 limit on purchases per year, 1% thereafter; 1 point per dollar other purchases; 20% bonus when you make 20+ purchases in a billing cycle; Terms apply
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: Up to $40 (see rates and fees).
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
- Other benefits: 20% more points after 20 charges.
- New card member offer: Earn 10,000 reward points after $1,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Membership rewards points: The Amex Everyday® Credit Card offers membership rewards points for most purchases. Card members will get two points per dollar spent at U.S. supermarkets and one point per dollar for all other eligible purchases. As an added bonus, you can earn 20% more points if you use your card 20 or more times per billing period.
- No annual fee: Unlike many other rewards credit cards, the Amex Everyday® Credit Card has no annual fee. This makes it an affordable, accessible option for consumers who are just beginning to explore the world of rewards credit cards.
- Great intro APR offer: This card offers an intro APR of 0% for the first 15 months, making it a great option for large purchases and balance transfers.
- Penalty APR: Like many other credit cards, the Amex Everyday® Credit Card does have a penalty APR. At 29.99%, this rate may apply if you make one or more late payments or if your payment is returned by your bank. If you think that you’ll ever be in a situation where you can’t make payments on time, you’ll run the risk of paying a higher rate and additional interest on your balance.
- Foreign transaction fee: This card also has a foreign transaction fee of 2.7%, so it might not be a great fit if you travel internationally on a regular basis (see rates and fees).
- Rewards aren’t as generous as some other cards: Compared to some other rewards cards, the Amex Everyday® Credit Card may not be as generous in terms of points and rewards. However, the absence of an annual fee makes up for this.
What Can You Expect From the Amex Everyday® Credit Card?
The Amex Everyday® Credit Card is a great option for consumers new to the world of rewards credit cards. It offers an attractive intro APR, reasonable rates, and membership rewards points.
You can redeem American Express rewards for cash back, gift cards, and discounts with over 500 leading brands. Rewards redemption is easy and convenient, and you’ll have access to the same membership rewards as American Express cardholders with pricier cards.
The Amex Everyday® Credit Card comes with a variety of travel benefits. For one, you can transfer membership points to a variety of frequent traveler programs, including Delta SkyMiles. If you book your travel through AmExTravel.com, you can also earn two times the points on these purchases.
The card also comes with car rental loss and damage insurance, so if you rent a car while traveling you may be eligible for insurance coverage in case the car is damaged or stolen. Another perk for cardholders is the global assist hotline. If you travel more than 100 miles from home, you can access emergency assistance when it comes to medical and legal issues, passports, missing luggage, and more.
Dispute Resolution and Fraud Protection
If there’s a charge you don’t recognize on your card, American Express can help resolve the issue. You’re also protected in case of fraud, and you won’t be held responsible for any fraudulent charges placed on your card. If you suspect there’s an error or fraudulent charge on your account, you can call the number on the back of your card for a quick resolution.
You can download the American Express app to explore rewards and manage your account. The app also lets you discover nearby offers and ways to save. It has a user-friendly design that makes it easy to understand what’s going on with your account.
Who Should Get the Amex Everyday® Credit Card?
This card is a great option for those who are interested in the world of rewards credit cards, but aren’t yet ready to spring for a card with a hefty annual fee. It’s also a good option for frugal consumers who may not spend that much with a credit card in any given year.
While this card doesn’t have as lucrative rewards and perks as some higher-tier cards, it’s still a great option to start with. It also allows cardholders to accumulate American Express rewards points, and gives them full access to the popular Membership Rewards program.
All information about Amex Everyday® Credit Card has been collected independently by fiscaltiger.com. Amex Everyday® Credit Card is no longer available through fiscaltiger.com.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Our Experts Recently Evaluated The Top 5 Credit Repair Companies Available.