- Annual percentage rate (APR): 14.24% – 22.24% variable (see rates and fees).
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 5:1 flights and prepaid hotels through amextravel.com; 1.5:1 qualifying purchases of $5,000 or more; 2:1 travel purchases made on amextravel.com; 1:1 general purchases; terms apply.
- Annual fee: $595 (see rates and fees).
- Late fee: $39 or 2.99% of the past due balance.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express offers several high-tier benefits for card users:
- Membership points: There are three tiers of membership points you can earn with The Business Platinum Card® from American Express. You can earn five points per dollar spent on airline and prepaid hotel purchases, 1.5 points on purchases over $5,000, and one point per dollar on all purchases under $5,000. New cardholders will also earn 100,000 membership points if you spend $15,000 in the first three months of opening the card. These points can be redeemed for cash or gift cards, used to purchase airline tickets, or redeemed at American Express partner retailers and hotels (terms apply).
- Travel benefits: The travel benefits of The Business Platinum Card® from American Express are arguably the biggest perk of this card. Not only do you get more membership points when making airline or hotel purchases, cardholders also get a $200 airline credit with qualifying airlines. American Express Business Platinum cardholders also enjoy:
- Preferred seating;
- Ticket presales;
- Airline lounge perks;
- Cruise perks;
- No-charge concierge services;
- Car rental privileges.
You can also redeem other unique perks with American Express travel partners using membership points.
- No foreign transaction fees: There are no foreign transaction fees with the American Express Platinum Business Card, which is the perfect pair for the travel perks that also accompany this card (see rates and fees).
- High annual fee: This card does have a high annual fee of nearly $600, which may not be worth maintaining if you aren’t routinely using the travel or purchase perks.
- Complex points system: Unlike cash-back rewards offered by many business cards, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express has a point system unique to American Express, that can only be transferred or used through American Express, or American Express partners.
What Can You Expect From The Business Platinum Card® from American Express?
Due to the nature of some of the perks associated with The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, you may find restrictions on some of the perks. For example, to access airport lounge perks, the cardholder must be over the legal drinking age. The use of membership points on flights and hotels may also be restricted to certain dates or certain cities, depending on the American Express partner.
American Express Business Platinum cardholders can manage their card in the American Express app. You can also request employee cards and set employee card spending limits on the American Express website, or by calling the number on the back of your card. These resources help make managing your account easy and accessible, no matter where you are.
Who Should Get The Business Platinum Card® from American Express?
The Business Platinum Credit Card® from American Express, which is the highest tier business credit card that American Express offers, is best suited for business owners who travel frequently for work, and make habitual large purchases.
The abundant travel and large purchase rewards help balance out the sizable annual fee if you routinely use them enough. However, if you aren’t traveling several times a year or routinely spending over $5,000 on single purchases, you may find this card harder to maintain.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Our Experts Recently Evaluated The Top 5 Credit Repair Companies Available.