- Annual percentage rate (APR): See rates and fees.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 2 points per dollar on eligible American Express travel purchases; 1 point per dollar on other purchases; terms apply
- Annual fee: $0 for the first year, then $95 (see rates and fees).
- Late fee: $39 or 2.99% of any past due amount, whichever is greater.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
- New card member offer: 25,000 points if you spend $3,000 in first 3 months.
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Welcome offer: The American Express Business Green Rewards Card® has a decent welcome offer of 25,000 points when you spend $3,000 in the first three months. While not as generous as some other welcome offers, the $3,000 threshold is much more manageable than some other cards.
- Rewards points: This card earns you Membership Rewards points. You’ll get two points per dollar spent on travel-related purchases booked through amextravel.com and one rewards point for other eligible purchases. Rewards can also be redeemed for qualifying travel expenses, making it a good option for businesses with lots of travel expenses.
- No annual fee for the first year: This card waives the annual fee for the first year, making it a good choice for business owners looking to save upfront on card costs.
- Fewer perks: This card comes with fewer perks than other similar cards in the same price range, and doesn’t offer any exclusive benefits like travel perks and upgrades.
- Not great for very large or small businesses: While this card might be a good fit for medium-sized businesses, it doesn’t have as much to offer owners of very large businesses or small business owners and freelancers, all of whom can find cards better suited to their needs elsewhere.
What Can You Expect From the American Express Business Green Rewards Card®?
The American Express Business Green Rewards Card is a good fit for owners of medium-sized businesses. It offers membership rewards points if you make eligible purchases, and has a modest annual fee of $95.
The American Express Business Green Rewards Card® is a Charge Card
A charge card is different from a credit card in that cardholders are expected to pay off their balance in full each month. If you fail to pay off the balance in its entirety, you may be subject to a fee of $39 or 2.99%, whichever is greater. This makes the card less flexible than some other credit card options when it comes to adding wiggle room to your budget. However, the charge card is more flexible in some other areas, as there’s no preset spending limit. This can also help you maximize your rewards benefits.
If you’re having trouble paying it off or need to finance a large purchase, you can enroll in the Pay Over Time feature. This allows cardholders to carry a balance that they pay down over time. The APR for Pay Over Time balances is 18.24%.
Business Tools and Perks
American Express business cards come with a variety of tools and perks to help business owners manage their finances. One of the major perks of the American Express Business Green Rewards Card is that you can add additional employee business cards without paying an extra annual fee. You can also set up account managers to allow trusted employees to help manage your account.
Other tools include the ability to set up account alerts and to view year-end summaries. These enable you to keep on track of your finances and make sure you make payments on time. Business owners can also earn additional rewards points if they enroll to pay vendor bills through Vendor Pay by Bill.com.
The American Express app makes it easy to track and manage your business finances on the go. You can also make payments, find deals, and view your balance directly in the app.
This card shines when it comes to travel discounts. Business owners can use membership rewards to pay for travel expenses when they book through AmexTravel.com. That makes this card a great choice for businesses with employees who travel frequently.
The card also comes with baggage insurance and car rental and damage insurance. If you run into trouble while traveling, American Express’ global hotline can help you navigate medical issues, legal problems, passport help, lost luggage, and more.
Dispute Resolution and Purchase Protection
The American Express Business Green Rewards Card also offers additional protection when it comes to purchases you make with the card. If there’s an error or a fraudulent charge on your account, American Express will help correct it. They also offer purchase protection for qualified purchases for up to 90 days.
Who Should Get the American Express Business Green Rewards Card®?
While the American Express Business Green Rewards Card might not be the best choice for everyone, it’s a solid pick for owners of medium-sized businesses with lots of travel expenses. The ability to rack up rewards and redeem them to pay for hotel stays and airfare can save businesses with employees who travel regularly a lot of money in the long run. It also offers an attractive welcome offer of 25,000 points to entice customers to sign up.
This card probably isn’t the best option if you own a small business, are a freelancer, or own a very large business. In these instances, there are other cards available that are tailored to meet your specific needs. However, if you find yourself in the middle and are looking for a card with a lower annual fee and decent rewards, the American Express Business Green Rewards Card is a decent option.
Compare other business rewards cards and learn more here.
All information about the American Express Business Green Rewards Card® has been collected independently by fiscaltiger.com. American Express Business Green Rewards Card® is no longer available through fiscaltiger.com.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!