Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Annual percentage rate (APR): 14.24% to 22.24%.
- Purchase intro APR: 0%.
- Rewards: 5% cash back.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Foreign transaction fees: $0.
- Late fee: Up to $39.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (690-850).
- Compare cards here.
The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card, issued by Chase Bank, offers a way to earn rewards on everyday purchases. There are several Amazon cards so make sure you know which you are interested in. Continue reading below for a full scope of benefits and drawbacks associated with this card.
Table of Contents
The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card is a cash-back credit card that offers a variety of benefits. While the leading benefits are specific to Amazon and Whole Foods Market, other rewards can be earned anywhere a Visa card is accepted.
Below are the benefits associated with the card:
- $70 Amazon gift card: You’ll instantly receive a $70 Amazon gift card upon credit card approval.
- Cash-back rewards: Potentially the best feature of the Amazon Prime Rewards card is the 5% cash back you receive on any Amazon or Whole Foods Market purchase you make with the card. You also receive 2% cash back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores, and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Travel and shopping protections: Travel protections include travel accident insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, baggage delay insurance, travel and emergency assistance, auto rental collision damage waiver, and roadside dispatch. Shopping protections include extended warranty protection and purchase protection.
- Hotel benefits: You’ll have access to the best available rates for over 900 luxury hotels across the world, as well as 24/7 concierge service.
- Points: Rewards are earned in the form of points and then redeemed either through statement credit or Amazon purchases. Points don’t expire and you can redeem them instantly. Moreover, they can be used anywhere Visa is accepted, not just on Amazon or Whole Foods Market.
If you already spend a lot of money on Amazon or at Whole Foods Market, the Amazon Prime Rewards card is the one for you. The card offers consistently high rewards for loyal Amazon Prime members.
Drawbacks of the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card are largely related to Amazon’s membership fees, not the actual card or rewards.
Below are the drawbacks associated with the card:
- Amazon membership: There is no annual fee, but you’re required to have a paid membership with Amazon Prime. This may come as a drawback for people who don’t already have a paid membership. It may also make it more difficult to get approved.
- One Amazon Prime account: You can only link one Amazon Prime account to your card. This may come as a drawback for families or friends with multiple accounts. You can however add authorized users to the account through Chase Bank.
- Whole Foods Market’s expensive prices: If you’re shopping on a budget, you may not use your 5% cash back at Whole Foods Market very often, as the store is more expensive than some other grocery chains.
What Can You Expect From the Amazon Prime Rewards Card?
The Amazon Prime Rewards Card, being offered by Chase, comes with all the features that the bank offers for other cards. Features are typical of a big bank with pros such as mobile banking and a digital wallet.
- Set up automatic payments: Amazon Prime Rewards card holders can schedule a one-time payment or set up automatic payments monthly through Chase.
- Add authorized users: The primary card holder can add authorized users, making access to the card convenient for families and friends.
- Personalized alerts: Chase can send text or email alerts when payments are due, transactions occur, or other activities are performed on your account.
- Chase mobile app: The Chase mobile app has the same card-management functionality as the Chase.com website. This easy-to-use app is available to iOS and Android users, and features facial recognition and fingerprint sign on.
- Go paperless: Statements (up to six years past) can be accessed online through Chase Bank, making it easy to go paperless.
- Digital wallet: You also have the ability to attach your card to a digital wallet, further going paperless.
Who Should Get the Amazon Prime Rewards Card?
The Amazon Prime Rewards Card is ideal for people who are already Amazon Prime members. Since there is no annual fee, Prime members will essentially be paying no more than they already are. Travel and hotel benefits associated with this card also make it possible to not need a separate travel rewards card. If you are a loyal Amazon customer, this card may be perfect for you.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/