- Annual percentage rate (APR): 14.24% to 22.24%.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Introductory bonus: $125 Amazon.com Gift Card.
- Rewards: 1% to 5% cash back.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: $39.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
The Amazon Business Prime Card from American Express offers lucrative cash-back perks to Amazon shoppers and modest cash-back rewards on all purchases.
- Cash-back rewards on Amazon and at Whole Foods: The Amazon Business Prime Card provides 5% cash back on all Amazon, Amazon Business, and Whole Foods purchases. To qualify for the 5% rate, you need to be an Amazon Prime or Amazon Business Prime member. Non-members can still earn 3% back. The card also offers 2% cash back at restaurants, gas stations, and mobile phone services. All other purchases qualify for 1% back.
- Optional interest-free financing: Instead of the cash-back rewards, cardholders can opt for interest-free financing on qualifying Amazon and Whole Foods purchases. Currently, the offers range from 60-day to 90-day interest-free periods on purchases. This option can be attractive if you’re going to do some business-related shopping for office equipment, computers, or tools.
- No annual fee: This card does not have an annual fee. However, cardholders who do not have an Amazon Prime membership ($119 per year) or Business Prime (from $69 per year) only get 3% cash back. Prime members get the full 5% back and other perks, such as free expedited shipping and access to Amazon’s video streaming service.
- Very high rewards limit: The American Express Amazon Business Prime Card is a good option for big spenders and businesses that have to make large purchases through Amazon. The limit for the 5% cash-back rewards is $120,000 per year. Companies can spend up to $10,000 per month and still get the 5% rewards, adding up to as much as $500 cash back per month.
- Amazon Prime membership requirement: While the Business Prime card does not have an annual fee, you need to have an Amazon Prime or Business Prime membership to qualify for the most important perk: the 5% cash back. If you use the Prime membership benefits, such as free expedited shipping, the investment may be worth it. However, you may also see the membership requirement as a kind of informal annual fee.
- Modest introductory bonus: The introductory bonus for the Amazon Business Prime card comes as an Amazon gift card totaling $100 to $125, depending on your Prime membership status. Other comparable cards offer the chance to reach spending thresholds and gain more lucrative introductory bonus rewards. The Business Prime card also lacks a 0% APR period, which many other cards offer to new cardholders. On the other hand, the Business Prime card does offer 0% APR financing for 60 to 90 days on an ongoing basis.
- You must shop at Amazon or its affiliates to get full rewards: The full 5% cash-back reward is only available on Amazon.com or Whole Foods. This card is primarily for people who shop at these online stores very frequently. Occasional Amazon shoppers will most likely not earn enough cash back to justify an annual Prime membership.
What Can You Expect From the Amazon Business Prime Card?
With the Amazon Business Prime card, you get access to account management tools from Amazon and American Express, the card issuer. Users can track their rewards and spending through the Amex website or via the American Express App and Amex Business App.
Users also have access to the American Express customer service portal, which offers 24/7 support. Additionally, cardholders get access to Amex exclusive event presales and American Express Experiences offers.
You can also get additional cards on the same Amazon Business Prime Card account for your employees. Amazon provides tools for setting spending limits and purchase approvals.
Amazon also has tracking tools that business managers can use to see details and track business-related purchases.
Who Should Get the Amazon Business Prime Card?
The Amazon Business Prime Card is a good option for people who shop on Amazon, Amazon Business, and Whole Foods. Also, cardholders get the best value if they either already have an Amazon Prime or Business Prime membership or if they would benefit from Prime perks such as free expedited shipping.
Cardholders need to spend roughly $2,400 on Amazon and its affiliates to cover the price of a Prime membership. Because of the spending requirements, this card is best for businesses that use Amazon for most of their purchases.
Even without a Prime membership, the 3% cash back provides decent value for people who plan to spend less than $2,400 per year, but still make frequent Amazon purchases.
The annual $120,000 limit on cash-back rewards means that larger small businesses that spend as much as $10,000 per month on Amazon and Amazon Business can get up to $500 back monthly. For this reason, this card is ideal for small businesses. Larger businesses may want to seek another card that has a higher rewards limit.
Compare other business credit cards and learn more here.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!