Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card
- Annual percentage rate (APR): 12.24% to 22.24%.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 2.5% cash back.
- Annual fee: $0 annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Late fee: Up to $27.
- Credit score: Good to Excellent (700-850)
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Competitive rewards: Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card’s 2.5% cash-back rate is one of the most competitive on the market. Customers can earn this rate on up to $10,000 worth of purchases per month, with a maximum cash-back earnings of $250 each billing cycle.
- Generous credit line: Alliant advertises a generous credit line as one of the perks associated with this card. While your actual credit line will depend on several factors, including your credit score and debt-to-income ratio, it’s a safe bet that Alliant’s credit line will be more generous than many other providers.
- No foreign transaction fees: Unlike many other rewards credit cards, Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card has no foreign transaction fees. This makes it a good fit for those who do a lot of international travel.
- Only for big spenders with excellent credit: This card is advertised as being specially designed for customers with excellent credit (that is, a credit score of approximately 800 to 850.) This means that borrowers who only have poor to average credit probably won’t qualify. To maximize rewards potential, the card is also a better fit for customers who spend at least several thousand dollars per month.
- Annual fee: Although it’s waived for the first year, this card does come with an annual fee of $99. This means that it’s probably not the best fit for borrowers looking for fee-free cards.
- No intro APR: Unlike many rewards credit cards, the Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card doesn’t currently have any promotional offers designed to entice new cardholders. Borrowers looking for a hefty sign-on bonus may have better options elsewhere.
What Can You Expect From the Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card?
The Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card is a straightforward rewards card with an excellent cash-back rate. It’s specifically designed for borrowers with high credit who spend a lot each month. Cardholders can earn up to $250 in rewards for each billing cycle.
This card has one of the most competitive cash-back rates out there at 2.5%. The rate applies to all eligible purchases, with no specific categories or restrictions. Cardholders can earn over $1,000 a year in cash-back benefits depending on how much they spend per month. You can receive your rewards as a credit card statement or as a deposit into an Alliant checking or savings account.
The Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card also comes with a variety of benefits for travelers. Most notably, the card has no foreign transaction fees, so frequent international travelers can save a pretty penny. The card also comes with travel accident coverage, roadside assistance, and rental car collision coverage for peace of mind while you’re traveling.
Works With Contactless Payment Methods
Another benefit of this card is its seamless connection to contactless phone-based payment methods. It works with Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay to make using your card easier than ever.
You Have to Join Alliant Before You’re Eligible
Alliant is first and foremost a credit union, so you’ll have to join the credit union before you’re able to open an account. Check the Alliant website to see if you qualify. The good news is that you can apply for a credit card and join the credit union at the same time, and the application process is quick and easy.
Who Should Get the Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card?
The Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card is a great card for consumers with excellent credit and high incomes. This card has one of the most competitive cash-back rates currently available at 2.5%. It’s also an incredibly simple card, with no need to mess around when it comes to redeeming rewards or getting the most bang for your buck. It’s also a great option if you already bank with Alliant.
Borrowers with low income or poor credit probably won’t be able to qualify for this card, and it’s not a good fit for those who don’t have an established credit history or who don’t spend a lot per month. While its rate is extremely competitive when it comes to cash back, customers who travel a lot or who are invested in making the most of rewards points and miles may be able to save even more money with other cards.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/