AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard Review
- APR: 17.49% to 26.49% (variable)
- Annual Fee: $99
- Rewards: 2 miles per dollar on American Airlines purchase, 1 mile per dollar on other purchases
- Signup Bonus: 60,000 miles if you make a purchase within the first 90 days and pay the annual fee
- Credit Score: Good to Excellent (600-850)
- Compare cards here.
If you travel often (or want to), taking advantage of a travel rewards credit card’s incentives can earn you free plane tickets, hotel stays, and other perks. You just need to know how to leverage your spending and use your card wisely to earn points or miles that can be redeemed for free travel.
The AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard is an airline loyalty credit card issued by Barclays Bank for American Airlines flyers. In a sea of credit cards, how do you know this one’s best for you?
Table of Contents
What Is the AAdvantage Aviator Credit Card?
The AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard provides frequent flyers with plenty of perks you wouldn’t have access to without the credit card. Some of the most notable include:
- Free first checked bag and preferred boarding for the primary cardholder and up to four companion travelers;
- Up to $25 per year in statement credits for online Wi-Fi purchases;
- One annual anniversary companion plane ticket for $99 plus taxes and fees for accounts in good standing.
Besides the travel perks that frequent flyers will appreciate, there’s more to note about the AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard:
Your card spending earns you miles you can later redeem for travel. Rewards are earned based on your spending. Earn one AAdvantage mile for every dollar spent on purchases and two miles per dollar spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, such as inflight meals and plane tickets.
Use your card to pay for your everyday purchases, such as groceries, gasoline, and utilities. Spend smart and it won’t take long to accumulate enough rewards miles for travel — you can redeem a one-way ticket within the continental U.S. and Canada with as little as 7,500 miles.
The AAdvantage Aviator Mastercard comes with an annual fee of $99. Other fees include:
- Balance transfer fee: 3% or at least $5;
- Cash advance fee: 5% or at least $10;
- Foreign transaction fees: None;
- Late payment fee: Up to $39, depending on the state;
- Returned payment fee: Up to $39, depending on the state.
In addition to the card fees, a variable annual percentage rate (APR) of 15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99% will apply on your balances, based on your creditworthiness.
You’ll need good-to-excellent credit to qualify for the AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard. You can check your credit before you apply by ordering a free annual credit report. Before you apply for the credit card, aim for a FICO of 690 or higher for your best chances of getting approved.
AAdvantage Aviator Credit Card Pros
There are so many card products available that it can be challenging to choose the best credit card for your needs. The travel rewards credit card comes with several advantages:
- Earn unlimited miles;
- Generous bonus at sign up of 60,000 miles;
- Redeem miles for free plane tickets through American Airlines’ AAdvantage program;
- Free changes to your award ticket;
- Bring a companion on your trip with a $99 companion ticket, plus taxes and fees;
- Travel perks such as one free checked first bag and priority boarding for up to five travelers;
- World Elite Concierge Services provides recommendations and reservations 24 hours per day;
- Travel coverages including Baggage Delay Insurance, Travel Accident Insurance, Trip Interruption and Cancellation coverage, and Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver.
AAdvantage Aviator Credit Card Cons
Some drawbacks you shouldn’t overlook include:
- Good-to-excellent credit score required;
- $99 annual fee;
- Earn only one or two miles per dollar spent;
- Some people may be tempted to overspend to earn more travel miles;
- Some flights come with blackout dates.
How to Apply for the AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
The Aviator Red World Elite card comes with a couple of enticing sign up bonuses. If you’re approved for the card, you’ll be awarded 60,000 bonus miles after you make the first purchase and pay your annual fee within the first 90 days. In addition, you’ll have an introductory balance-transfer promotion of 0% annual percentage rate (APR) for 15 months on balance transfers made in the first 45 days of opening the card account.
Apply online at the AAdvantage application page to receive an instant response. You’ll be asked for your:
- Employment and income information;
- Date of birth;
- Social Security number;
- Mother’s maiden name;
- AA frequent flyer number (if you have one).
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/