- Annual percentage rate (APR): 8.99% to 29.99%.
- Purchase intro APR: None.
- Rewards: 1.5% unlimited cash back on card purchases every time you make a payment.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Late fee: $0.
- Credit score: Average (around 700).
- Apply Today.
- Half credit card, half personal loan: One of the unique benefits of the Upgrade Visa Card is that it combines features of a credit card with features of a personal loan. Borrowers who open up an account with Upgrade can access credit lines of $500 to $50,000 (like a normal credit card), which they can use to make purchases. The unconventional part is that borrowers can also deposit funds from the card straight to a bank account (effectively using the card as a personal loan). They then pay down balances each month at a fixed rate with equal monthly payments.
- No fees: The Upgrade Visa Card prides itself on being fee-free, with no annual fee, no late fee, and no returned payment fee. There’s also no balance transfer fee or cash advance fee. This makes the Upgrade Card a great choice for borrowers looking for a truly fee-free card without any unexpected charges or expenses.
- May be less expensive than a traditional credit card: The Upgrade Visa Card can also save you money on interest when compared with a traditional card. While this is partly because Upgrade cardholders pay their balance off faster with higher monthly payments, it’s still a nice perk.
- No prepayment penalty: If you use your Upgrade Card like a personal loan, you’ll have to pay off your balance with monthly payments. However, there’s no prepayment penalty, so you’re free to pay off the complete balance whenever you want. This makes the card an attractive option to borrowers who like the flexibility that the card offers but might want to pay off debt earlier than is required.
- Required monthly payments: The minimum monthly required payments for the Upgrade Card may be higher than a traditional credit card. This means that the card might not be a great fit for borrowers who struggle with high monthly payments.
Table of Contents
What Can You Expect From the Upgrade Visa® Card?
The Upgrade Card is a hybrid card with elements of both a traditional credit card and a personal loan. There are no rewards associated with this card, but the card is fee-free.
A Hybrid Card With Options
The Upgrade Visa Card can be used like a regular credit card, with borrowers using the card to make purchases and then paying off the balance over time. However, it can also be used like a personal loan, with borrowers depositing cash straight into their bank accounts and then paying off the balance using fixed monthly payments. This makes the card a great option for borrowers interested in having flexible options when it comes to their borrowing methods.
Save on Interest With Fixed Monthly Payments
Another benefit of the Upgrade Visa Card is that it can save you a significant amount of interest over time. The Upgrade Visa Card states that it can save borrowers over $12,000 in interest on a $10,000 charge when compared with a traditional credit card.
However, this is partly due to the fact that the Upgrade Visa Card may require higher minimum monthly payments than a traditional card. Even so, it’s a benefit that your debt has a deadline when it comes to the Upgrade Card, and you won’t be stuck racking up additional interest for decades.
The Upgrade Card prides itself on being a fee-free card. It doesn’t charge any annual fee or monthly servicing fee, and there’s no late fee, returned-payment fee, balance-transfer fee, or cash advance fee. This makes the card a great option for borrowers looking to avoid extra costs and charges.
The Benefits of a Visa Card
The Upgrade Card is a Visa credit card, and is accepted anywhere that Visa cards are. This means that you can use the card pretty much anywhere, from online e-commerce shops to brick and mortar stores.
Who Should Get the Upgrade Visa® Card?
The Upgrade Visa Card is a great fit for borrowers interested in a hybrid card that combines elements of a traditional credit card and a personal loan. If you need cash deposited into your bank account or have a couple of big purchases on the horizon, Upgrade Visa gives you the flexibility you need to manage your finances.
With fixed monthly payments, the Upgrade Visa Card also offers predictability and stability when it comes to paying down your debt. Even borrowers with less-than-stellar credit are likely to qualify, and the card is entirely fee-free.
The Upgrade Card might not be the best choice for borrowers with good credit, who could be able to secure more favorable rates separately on both credit cards and personal loans. The Upgrade Visa Card also doesn’t come with any extra rewards or benefits, so it’s not a good fit for borrowers looking for a rewards card with perks. However, the Upgrade Visa Card is still a decent option for customers interested in a credit card with a unique twist.
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!