Founded in 2001, The Credit People is an expert credit repair agency that knows the laws, along with all the steps you’ll need to take to clean up your credit and raise your score — without you having to lift a finger.
Compared to some of their competitors, The Credit People provides referral letters, suggestions to lower your interest rates, and notifications when your credit reports have been updated. The company is also FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) certified and provides toll-free support when you need it.
Table of Contents
What Is The Credit People’s Process?
The Credit People accomplishes its goals by securely obtaining your credit reports and scores from all three reporting agencies. Then, you will:
- Receive a welcome email and phone call;
- Gain access to your secure online account, where you can see your reports from all three reporting agencies and monitor what’s happening 24/7. As a result, you’ll be the first to know when a negative item is removed or a positive change has been made;
- You’ll see results within 60 days, although your credit will continue to improve over the long term;
- Finally, you’ll be left with better credit and armed with a plan to help you maintain your improved results.
In the meantime, you can reach customer support via live phone, chat, and email in case you have any questions or concerns during the process.
How Long Does It Take The Credit People to Change Your Credit Scores?
If you stick with the company for the recommended six months, The Credit People’s website indicates that most clients can estimate their credit score will increase anywhere between 53 and 187 points. They say this is why more than 100,000 people have used their services over the past 10 years.
Cumulatively, The Credit People’s website also indicates they’ve removed more than 1.4 million credit issues from their customers’ reports, many of whom qualified for auto and home loans, new lines of credit, and the option to refinance existing loans due to their services.
With this said, they emphasize that every situation is unique, and while you’ll start seeing results in 60 days, it can take four to six months to see maximum results.
How Much Does The Credit People Cost?
When it comes to billing, The Credit People doesn’t charge large setup fees, hidden report fees, or credit score fees.
Instead, all new accounts with The Credit People come with free seven-day trials. After your trial ends, you can choose between two different membership options:
- Monthly membership — You’ll pay an initial $19 fee, followed by monthly payments of $79. With this plan, there’s no risk since you can cancel at any time.
- Flat-rate membership — This membership option charges you a flat rate of $419 for complete six-month services, which saves you $74 compared to paying monthly.
Regardless of the membership option you choose, does The Credit People stand behind their services?
Does The Credit People Offer a Satisfaction Guarantee?
Because you’re only paying for results, each plan comes with The Credit People’s “unbeatable” satisfaction guarantee. This means that you can cancel at any time when it comes to the monthly membership, and you won’t be charged for that month’s services.
If you choose the company’s flat-fee program, the same guarantee applies to all six months of your membership.
What Are The Credit People’s Customers Saying?
Overall, most customers seem pleased with their The Credit People experiences, with common compliments revolving around effective results, their professional, certified representatives, and the company’s easy-to-access online portal.
However, many of the relatively few The Credit People complaints frequently referenced no results, along with old items that remained on the client’s credit reports.
Pros of Using The Credit People
Here are some of the upsides of working with The Credit People to improve your credit score:
- Two straightforward membership options and pricing models;
- Mostly positive online customer feedback;
- Offers a satisfaction guarantee if you’re not pleased with the results, regardless of the plan you choose;
- Competitive pricing compared with competing credit repair services.
- They don’t nickel-and-dime you for various fees;
- A satisfaction guarantee that’s more robust than many competitors.
With these upsides in mind, are there any potential downsides to doing business with The Credit People?
Cons of Using The Credit People?
On the other hand, no company’s perfect. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind before signing up for The Credit People’s services:
- The most common online complaint is less-than-expected results for the money, which is frequent among these types of companies;
- You can perform all of the same cumbersome tasks as The Credit People, without paying for anything other than postage for your letters;
- You can also download your three credit reports for free once per year without signing up for any credit repair services or handling the details yourself.
Let’s bring together everything we’ve learned about The Credit People and answer the big question: should you use them?
Should You Use The Credit People?
The fact of the matter is that it took a while for your actions to impact your credit score negatively, and it will take time — and good financial sense — to improve it. In other words, whether you choose The Credit People or another credit repair agency, sticking with them for just a month or two probably won’t deliver a lot of value for the money.
Also, it’s important to reemphasize that credit repair companies can only do so much, as they cannot remove valid late payments, charge-offs, foreclosures, judgments, repossessions, bankruptcies, liens, collections, unfavorable settlements, and other legitimate marks on your report.
However, suppose you think you might have a lot of errors in your credit report. In that case, you want to undo the damage caused by identity theft, or you’re looking for a competitively priced credit repair agency with solid online customer reviews and a robust satisfaction guarantee, it might be challenging to go wrong with The Credit People.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!