Fred Meyer offers a variety of money-related services, including money orders, card cashing, paying bills, sending money, retrieving money that was sent, and check cashing. The Fred Meyer check cashing service makes it simple, convenient, and fast for you to get your check cashed instantly. There are many places where you can cash checks and, as long as you follow the steps and meet the requirements for this transaction, your Fred Meyer store can help you complete this task instantly.
Table of Contents
What Types of Checks Will Fred Meyer Cash?
Fred Meyer does not accept personal checks for its check cashing service. The Fred Meyer personal check policy also applies to starter checks and third-party checks. These types of checks are not accepted and cannot be cashed at a local store. However, at Fred Meyer, you can cash:
- Payroll checks.
- Government checks.
- Income tax refund checks.
- Insurance settlement checks.
- Business checks.
How Big of a Check Will Fred Meyer Cash?
Most stores will only allow you to cash a check up to a certain amount. The Fred Meyer check cashing limit may vary by state. However, in most cases, you cannot cash a check that is more than $5,000.
Fred Meyer Check Cashing Fees
Fred Meyer check cashing fees may also vary by state and you should check with your local store to learn more about these fees. If you have a Shopper’s Card with Fred Meyer, the check-cashing fees are generally as follows:
- Checks up to $2,000: $3 fee.
- Checks from $2,001 to $5,000: $5.50 fee.
If you don’t enroll in the Shopper’s Card program, these fees may be slightly higher, but vary by location.
Fred Meyer Money Services Hours
Fred Meyer check cashing hours depend on your local store’s regular operating hours. In some cases, the Money Services department may only be available during certain store operating hours. Contact your local store’s Money Services department to inquire about hours.
How to Cash a Check at Fred Meyer
It’s important to review how to cash a check and to learn what you’ll need to provide to successfully complete the process. When you visit your Fred Meyer store, visit the Money Services department to cash your check. To cash an eligible check with Fred Meyer, you’ll need to:
- Find a Location Near You: Use the store locator to find a Fred Meyer store that’s convenient for you. Check the Money Services department hours to ensure you’re visiting when the check cashing service is available.
- Bring Details: When you visit a Fred Meyer store to cash your check, you’ll need to bring the check, your Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number, and proper identification. An acceptable form of identification may include one of the following: state-issued ID card, driver’s license, military ID, Matricula Consular ID, resident alien ID, or U.S.-issued passport.
- Take Your Money: Once you’ve provided the information needed and the check, you’ll be given cash immediately from the Money Service department representative.
If a Fred Meyer store is not in your area, there may be alternative check cashing services at other stores. Your local City Market, Ralph’s, King Soopers, Smith’s, or Baker’s may also offer money services in-store. You can also review the Kroger Check Cashing Policy Guide if you live near a Kroger’s store and need a check cashed fast.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!