The routing number for University Federal Credit Union (UFCU) is 314977405. Please note that this is for the University Federal Credit Union based primarily in and around Austin, Texas.
There is another University Federal Credit Union based in Utah. The routing number for the Utah credit union is 324079416.
What Is a Routing Number?
Routing numbers are nine-digit numbers that are used by U.S. banks to identify themselves. While generally referred to as a “routing number,” they are also called:
- Routing transit numbers (RTNs).
- ABA routing numbers.
Routing numbers are required for a variety of different activities, including:
- Direct deposits.
- Wire transfers.
- Automatic bill payments.
- Paying taxes.
- Online and automated clearing house (ACH) payments.
- Processing checks.
- Electronic funds withdrawals.
- Transferring money between banks.
Routing numbers help financial institutions understand where funds are either coming from or going to.
Where Can You Find Your UFCU Routing Number?
You can find your UFCU routing number in multiple places:
- You can easily locate your UFCU routing number on the bottom left-hand side of your checks. It is the group of nine numbers farthest to the left and is typically followed by your account number and check number, respectively.
- You can also find your UFCU routing number by logging into your online banking portal. Head to the “Balances” menu and then click on “Routing & Account Number.”
- If you don’t have a check and cannot access your online account, you can also contact UFCU at (800) 768-2195. You’ll likely be asked a few security questions, after which you can request the routing number over the phone.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!