- Annual percentage rate (APR): Prime rate plus 9.74%.
- Purchase intro APR: 0% for six months.
- Rewards: None.
- Annual fee: $49.
- Late fee: Up to $40.
- Credit score: Poor to Average (300-700).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- 0% APR on purchases for the first six months: One of the major benefits to this card is that the intro APR is 0% for the first six months. This means that you won’t have to pay any interest on your balance until the first six months are up. While you should still borrow responsibly and try to pay off your balance each month, the intro APR gives you a little flexibility when it comes to managing your budget.
- Good for building credit: This secured card is open to borrowers with less-than-stellar credit, and is a great way to raise your credit score with a history of on-time payments. If your credit isn’t where it should be, the Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Credit Card allows you to work towards a better score.
- Flexible credit limits: The card features a flexible credit limit of $200 to $2,000, depending on how much you can pay upfront as a security deposit. If you have a lot of cash on hand and want the flexibility that comes with a higher line of credit, you have options with the Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured card.
- A secured card that requires a cash deposit: The flip side of this card’s flexible credit limit is that it requires you to make a cash deposit in order to open an account. This makes the card less accessible to borrowers who may not have a lot of cash saved up.
- Annual fee: The card comes with an annual fee of $49. While this is lower than some other cards, it’s still an extra expense. Borrowers looking for a fee-free card can find better options elsewhere, though most secured cards will carry an annual fee, and $49 isn’t the worst fee on the market.
- No rewards or benefits: This is a simple, no-frills card designed to get borrowers with poor credit back on their feet. It doesn’t come with any benefits like cash back or rewards points, and doesn’t come with other related perks, outside of the introductory no-interest period.
What Can You Expect From the Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Card?
The Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Credit Card is a good card for borrowers who may not have the best credit. It charges a modest annual fee, and reports on-time payments to all three credit bureaus.
A Flexible Secured Card
This credit card is a secured card that requires borrowers to hand over a cash deposit before they open an account. One benefit of the Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured is that you can choose your credit line, depositing anywhere from $200 to $2,000 depending on what meets your needs.
0% Intro APR
A significant perk for the Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured is that it comes with an introductory APR of 0% for the first six months. This can give borrowers struggling with cash flow a little breathing room, and gives cardholders time to pay off their balance before it starts accumulating interest.
While this card doesn’t come with a mobile app, it does allow borrowers to access their accounts 24/7 through an online portal. This is a great perk for customers who prefer to check their accounts and keep track of their balances online.
Only Available in Some States
This card isn’t available in Iowa, New York, Arkansas, or Wisconsin. If you live in any of these states, you won’t be eligible to apply for this card.
Who Should Get the Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Card?
The Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Credit Card is a good card for borrowers who may have poor credit and are interested in rebuilding their score. With a required security deposit of $200 to $2,000, it’s not the best option for customers who don’t have a lot of cash on hand. On the other hand, the 0% intro APR is a good fit for borrowers who appreciate the flexibility and don’t want to accumulate interest on their balance, and the $49 annual fee is lower than some secured cards.
The Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured may not have as many perks and benefits as conventional cards, but it’s a decent option for borrowers who are looking to rebuild their credit score and gain their financial footing.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Our Experts Recently Evaluated The Top 5 Credit Repair Companies Available.