MyPoints is a website that offers members a way to earn points they can redeem for travel rewards, cash, or gift cards with participating retailers. Consumers can earn these points by taking paid surveys through the site or shopping with specific retailers while using coupon codes from the site.
Like other paid survey and cashback sites, it’s not usually possible to make a large profit through your MyPoints activity but it is a good way to stretch your dollar as you shop. If you want to learn how to turn your online shopping into investing and you’re considering taking paid surveys to make a small amount of extra cash, learn more about MyPoints to determine if it’s right for you.
Table of Contents
How MyPoints Works
As a MyPoints member, your goal is to earn points that you can use as credit with participating retailers, for travel miles, or as cash through your PayPal account. To earn these points, you must complete paid surveys or shop with participating retailers through the site.
When you sign up to be a MyPoints member, you’re invited to take different paid surveys that earn you points. Each survey is associated with a certain number of points. However, you must qualify for the survey and in many cases, you’ll need to answer pre-qualification questions to determine if you’re eligible to participate in the survey.
If you don’t qualify but successfully completed the pre-qualification process, MyPoints adds five points to your account, up to a maximum of 25 points per day. In addition to completed surveys, you can also earn points for filling out your profile. For every 10 profile questions you answer, you earn five points.
You can also earn points by watching videos or playing games as requested on the site. Keep in mind, these points don’t cash in as dollars and you need several thousand points to redeem gift cards from participating retailers.
When you attempt to redeem your earned points, the value may vary, depending on what you’re cashing in on. For example, if you want to cash in on a $10 gift card, you’ll need to earn at least 1,750 points first.
As a MyPoints member, one shopping cart trick you have access to is earning cashback when you shop with participating retailers. However, in order to earn points, you must first start on your MyPoints member page, then click through to the retailer where you plan to shop. Don’t forget to perform this action before shopping online or the company can’t track your spending and you won’t rack up points.
When you shop with participating retailers, you can earn up to 40% back for your purchases. The number of points you earn for what you spend may vary and MyPoints works with over 2,000 participating retailers, including the following:
- Sam’s Club.
- Home Depot.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods.
- ULTA Beauty.
- Microsoft Store.
- American Eagle Outfitters,
- Old Navy.
- Bath & Body Works.
Receive coupon codes and discounts through the MyPoints site, spend money with these participating retailers, and earn points that eventually get you cash or gift cards.
As a MyPoints member, you have access to different features the site offers, including:
- Coupons codes and discounts: Access your MyPoints account and browse different offers and coupons for participating retailers.
- A welcome bonus: When you sign up for MyPoints, you’ll receive a FREE $10 Amazon or Visa gift card when you spend at least $20 in your first 30 days of membership.
- Two ways to earn points: You can increase the number of points in your account by either spending money at participating retailers or completing paid surveys on the site.
- Different point redemption options: When you’ve earned enough points for redemption, you can choose between gift cards, cashback, or travel miles.
MyPoints members experience several advantages when earning points through the site, including the following:
- Access to unique coupon codes and discounts.
- FREE $10 Amazon or Visa gift card for new customers when you spend $20 in your first 30 days.
- Points earned on purchases they were planning to make anyway.
- Extra cash for referring a friend who makes a purchase through MyPoints.
MyPoints members have reported some drawbacks to the program, including the following:
- Points and dollars aren’t matched so redemption can take a while and be confusing.
- You must qualify for a survey to earn the points associated with it.
- If you forget to begin online shopping through the MyPoints site, you can’t redeem points, even if you shopped at a participating retailer.
How to Sign Up For MyPoints
To start earning through MyPoints, you must create an account, whether you plan to use the site for online shopping, paid surveys, or both. If you want to add MyPoints to your financial strategy and earn points you can redeem for cash or gift cards, follow these steps:
- Visit the MyPoints website using a Google Chrome or Firefox internet browser.
- Enter your email address and create a unique password.
- Click “Join Now.”
- Fill out your profile with additional information.
- Browse paid survey opportunities.
- Log into your MyPoints account before shopping with participating retailers to earn points.
When you’ve earned points through paid surveys or shopping and you’re ready to redeem them, log into your account. Click on the rewards icon by your name and view the list of reward options. Sort by the rewards you qualify for based on your point balance or by the type of reward you want, such as gift cards.
MyPoints doesn’t promise to be a lucrative endeavor in paid survey taking or online shopping. However, when you sign up for an account with the site, you can earn rewards to redeem for cash, gift cards, or travel miles. If you’re patient, a frequent online shopper, or plan to participate in numerous surveys, you may benefit from earning these points through your MyPoints account.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Our Experts Recently Evaluated The Top 5 Credit Repair Companies Available.