- APR: 19.45% to 28.45% (Variable)
- Annual Fee: $0-$72
- Rewards: None
- Credit Score: Poor to Fair (300-590)
- Compare cards here.
- Mobile banking: Download the Merrick Bank app to your smartphone and you can check your balance, manage your account, and pay your credit card bill.
- Check your credit score: As a Merrick Bank customer, you can check your FICO credit score online to track improvements.
- No penalty fees: If you make a late payment, you won’t incur a late payment penalty fee and your annual percentage rate (APR) won’t increase.
- Reporting to credit bureaus: Merrick Bank reports your credit card activity to the three major credit bureaus so your score will increase if you’re a responsible cardholder.
- Variable credit limit and interest rate: When applying for the card, your credit limit and interest rate depend on your credit history. If you have a satisfactory credit score, you’re offered better terms and a higher credit limit.
- Fast credit limit increases: As long as you’re a responsible borrower who pays on time, your credit limit is doubled after seven billing cycles.
- Extensive access to customer service: If you have a question about your account, you can access the customer service department 24 hours a day, seven days a week by phone, online, or through the mobile app.
- Helps rehabilitate your credit: Merrick Bank reports your activities to all three credit bureaus and if you’re diligent about making your credit card payments on time, your credit score will increase when using the card.
- No monthly fees: The Merrick Bank credit card isn’t associated with monthly maintenance or account fees, unlike many other credit-building credit cards.
- No deposit: Secured credit cards also set the goal to build your credit but you’re responsible for a deposit when you sign up. With the Double Your Line Visa card, there’s no deposit required to enroll.
- No credit card rewards program: Most credit cards are associated with rewards programs but the Merrick Bank Double Your Line Visa card doesn’t offer a program to earn rewards.
- High APR: Even if you have a good credit score, the APR for this card is high. You’ll qualify for an interest rate between 19.45% to 28.45% (variable), which can add up fast if you don’t pay off your balance each month.
- Higher cash advance APR: If you take out a cash advance using the card, your APR could be between 24.95% and 33.45% (variable).
- Setup fee and annual fee: Unless you have a good credit score, you may be responsible for a setup fee up to $75 and an annual fee up to $70.
- Foreign transaction fees: You’ll pay a 2% fee on foreign transactions.
Merrick Bank offers credit cards to consumers who are focused on rebuilding their credit. The Merrick Bank Double Your Line Credit Card is an unsecured credit card that caters to consumers with low credit scores and reports activity to the three major credit bureaus.
The interest rate varies depending on your creditworthiness and is between 19.45% to 28.45% (variable). You’ll qualify for a credit limit between $500 and $1,350 when you apply and Merrick Bank automatically doubles your limit after seven on-time payments.
While it can help you build your credit, the card also has disadvantages, including annual fees. Reviewing how this credit card works will help you decide if it’s the right card for you.
Table of Contents
As a Merrick Bank Double Your Line Visa Card account holder, you have access to several features, including the following:
If you apply for the Merrick Bank Double Your Line Visa card, you’ll experience several benefits, including the following:
Learning more about this credit card, including its disadvantages, will help you determine if it’s right for your situation. Some of the characteristics you should look out for include the following:
Best Candidates for the Merrick Bank Credit Card
The Merrick Bank Double Your Line Visa card is designed to help improve your credit score so you should only consider it if you need help rehabilitating your credit.
You should only consider applying for the credit card if you plan to pay off your balance each month. Since the card is associated with a high interest rate, you could end up with a hefty balance if you don’t pay off your bill each month.
When deciding if this credit card is best for you, it’s also important to think about how closely you adhere to a budget. You may have double your credit limit after a few months of being a cardholder so sticking to a budget is crucial to staying out of debt.
You can apply for a Merrick Bank credit card on the company’s website. To inquire about applying for a credit card, you can also contact the credit card customer service department by calling 800-204-5936.
You’re asked to provide your information and give permission to run your credit. Upon approval, the company provides you with details on the card’s terms and conditions, including your credit limit and interest rate.
If you’re attempting to increase your credit score, the Merrick Bank credit card may be able to help. However, you should pay attention to all applicable fees before signing up for the card.
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!