Liberty Mutual Insurance Types and Review
Liberty Mutual Insurance is the sixth-largest property and casualty insurer in the world and received an “A” rating from A.M. Best Company. On the 2019 J.D. Powers U.S. Auto Claims Satisfaction Study, Liberty Mutual scored 857 points out of 1,000 for satisfactory customer service.
While the insurance company is one of the largest car insurers in the country, it offers additional types of insurance. Learning more about the company, what it offers, and available discounts will help you decide if Liberty Mutual is the right insurance company for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance
- 2 Liberty Mutual Homeowners Insurance
- 3 Liberty Mutual Policy Options and Other Types of Insurance
- 4 Is Liberty Mutual Good Insurance?
Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance
If you’re in the market to buy car insurance, Liberty Mutual offers standard auto insurance policies. These policies only cover the expenses of the other driver if you’re involved in an accident. However, you can opt to add coverage to a standard policy to ensure you’re covered too.
When you get an auto insurance quote, you may qualify for discounts through Liberty Mutual. You may be eligible for a discount on your premium if:
- You’re a homeowner.
- You’re an active, retired, or reserve member of the military.
- You drive a hybrid or electric vehicle.
- You’re enrolled in school and are a good student.
- You’re renewing your auto insurance policy with Liberty Mutual.
- You have a safe driving record.
- Your vehicle has additional safety features, such as an anti-theft system.
Review the following sections to learn more about the additional auto insurance coverages that may automatically be included in your Liberty Mutual policy or that you may choose to add to your standard policy.
Liberty Mutual offers accident forgiveness, which means the company won’t raise your rate after your first accident. You’re only eligible if you’ve been accident- and violation-free for at least the past five consecutive years.
New Car Replacement
With new car replacement coverage, you’re entitled to the money to purchase a brand-new car if your car is totaled with only 15,000 miles or less on it.
Better Car Replacement
When better car replacement coverage is included in your policy and your older vehicle is totaled, the company provides you with the money to purchase a vehicle that’s one model year newer and that has 15,000 fewer miles than the original vehicle.
If you opt to pay an extra $30 in premiums each year, Liberty Mutual will lower your deductible by $100.
If your car is damaged and you use an auto repair shop that was recommended by Liberty Mutual to fix it, the repair is guaranteed for the life of the vehicle. You may also opt to add rental car insurance so you can rent a vehicle while yours is being repaired.
When you have gap insurance on your auto policy and your vehicle is totaled but the replacement value of the car is less than what you owe on the lease or loan, Liberty Mutual provides money to cover the difference.
Teachers’ Auto Insurance
If you’re a teacher and live in an eligible state, you qualify for teacher’s auto insurance. If you’re driving to and from work or are on school property, this policy provides the following coverages:
- Vandalism loss protection: If your car is vandalized on school property, it’s covered with no deductible.
- Personal property coverage: You’re reimbursed a maximum of $2,500 per occurrence if your work-related materials are damaged in your vehicle during a covered loss.
- Collision coverage: If your car is damaged in an accident while you’re driving to or from school, it’s covered and no deductible applies, unless you live in Pennsylvania.
Liberty Mutual Homeowners Insurance
If you decided to buy a home, you may be in the market for homeowners insurance. It’s important to note that homeowner’s insurance is different from mortgage insurance because it covers you as the homeowner.
The Liberty Mutual homeowners’ insurance policy offers standard coverage. This includes coverage for your dwelling, personal property, liability for other parties, and living expenses if a loss occurs.
You may be eligible for certain discounts on your homeowners’ insurance policy, including if:
- Your home has safety features, such as an alarm system or hurricane shutters.
- You have other policies with Liberty Mutual, such as your auto insurance.
- Your home has a new roof or is new construction.
- You choose to receive your policy documents electronically.
- You don’t make a claim on your insurance policy for at least three years.
While there’s standard coverage included on your homeowners’ insurance policy with Liberty Mutual, you may choose to include additional coverage to broaden what your policy covers. The following sections explain a few additional coverages available through the insurance company.
Identity Fraud Expense
If you’re the victim of identity theft or fraud and your policy includes this coverage, your legal expenses, lost wages, and other financial losses relating to the theft are covered.
Coverage for Valuables
Standard homeowners’ insurance policies include personal property coverage. However, with coverage for valuables, this coverage is increased and your valuable items are also covered at the time of a loss.
Your coverage limits are automatically adjusted to account for inflation when your policy is up for renewal. With inflation protection, you may also qualify for a discount on your premium when you renew.
Liberty Mutual will customize your home insurance so you only pay for what you need. Get your FREE quote today.
Liberty Mutual Policy Options and Other Types of Insurance
Other Insurance Offerings From Liberty Mutual
In addition to auto and homeowners insurance, Liberty Mutual offers the following types of insurance policies:
- RV and travel trailer.
- Other watercraft.
- Critical illness.
Coverage With an Existing Auto Policy
If you already have an auto insurance policy, you qualify to purchase additional insurance policies, including the following:
- Umbrella insurance.
- Antique or classic car coverage.
- ATV or off-road vehicle insurance.
You may need to provide proof that you have an existing auto insurance policy and you may only be eligible if you hold certain policy coverage limits.
Policies Available Through Liberty Mutual Partnerships
Liberty Mutual also partners with other companies to offer additional lines of insurance, including the following:
- Mobile home.
- Term and whole life.
Is Liberty Mutual Good Insurance?
If you’re looking for a big-name insurance company to cover your home or vehicle, Liberty Mutual Insurance may be the right company for you. It’s important to understand the pros and cons of being a Liberty Mutual customer before you buy a policy.
- Many different lines of insurance available through one company.
- Several types of discounts for each line of insurance.
- Numerous different coverage options.
- You can sign up for electronic communication and automatic payments.
- If you’re not well-versed in using digital tools, you’ll miss out on some of the technological benefits of being a customer.
- You may not qualify for all discounts or additional coverages.
- Poor customer service ratings on the Better Business Bureau site.
When choosing your insurance company, it’s important to consider how your coverage fits into your financial plan and to feel confident in the company’s reliability. Review Liberty Mutual’s insurance coverage options, customer reviews, and quotes before deciding whether it’s the right company for you.
No matter what your insurance needs are, Liberty Mutual likely has you covered. Get your free, competitive quote today!
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/