- Annual percentage rate (APR): 19.99% to 26.99%;
- Purchase intro APR: None;
- Rewards: 2- 5 points per $1 spent;
- Annual fee: $120;
- Late fee: N/A;
- Credit score: Very good to excellent (740 to 850).
- Compare cards here.
Table of Contents
- Bonus offer: If you’re approved for a Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express, you’ll see perks right off the bat. You’ll receive a welcome award of 50,000 points after spending $1,500 within the first three months. For some context, free nights at a Marriott Bonvoy hotel start at 5,000 per night for a Category 1 property during low season and can be as high as 100,000 points per night during high-peak times at a Category 8 resort. The average is 25,000 points per night for a Category 4 hotel during the standard time of the year.
- Earn free hotel stays faster: With a two or five points per dollar earnings possibility on your card spending, you’ll be able to earn free nights at Marriott Bonvoy properties quickly.
- Annual free night award. You’ll receive a free night award every year on your card’s anniversary so you can sample a different Marriott property each year or combine it with points for a longer stay.
- High annual fee: $120 a year may be high for a hotel rewards credit card. Most hotel loyalty cards, such as the Hilton Honors American Express Card, have an annual fee of $95.
- Limited to Marriott properties: Unless you’re a die-hard Marriott customer, you may feel a bit limited by this hotel loyalty credit card. You won’t be able to redeem points for stays with other chains. Fortunately, you could use your points for Marriott Bonvoy experiences or flights.
- Airline points transfers aren’t one to one: If you’d like to use your points for flights instead of hotel stays, you could transfer your points into an airline frequent flyer program. You’ll lose out on what you’ve earned, though — you’ll need to transfer three Marriott Bonvoy points for one Air Canada Aeroplan Mile.
What Can You Expect From the Amex Canada Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card?
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Amex’s main draw is the chance to collect enough points for stays at Marriott properties. Here’s more on why the card is worth a space in your wallet.
A Wide Range of Properties
The Marriott chain includes eight different categories of hotels. Some of the brand options include:
- JW Marriott;
- W Hotels;
- Le Méridien;
- Ritz Carlton;
- St. Regis;
- Luxury Collection.
Special Perks During Marriott Stays
Be sure to flash your Amex when you arrive at a Marriott property. You’ll not only earn five points per dollar spent on your stay purchase but also get special treatment, including a welcome gift, 2 p.m. late checkout, and a free room upgrade when available.
Amex Canada Mobile App
Download the Amex Canada mobile app to manage your card, pay your bill, and have access to special, personalized offers. The app works with your smartphone to notify you of special offers at retailers near you.
Who Should Get the Amex Canada Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Credit Card?
The card is ideal for travelers loyal to one hotel brand, specifically the Marriott hotel chain. In the day and age of Airbnb vacation rentals and finding the cheapest hotel on discount travel websites, many people miss out on the perks that come when you’re loyal to one hotel chain. If you haven’t considered the concept, you may be missing out on many opportunities to earn free hotel stays and special services, such as room upgrades, free premium WiFi, and late checkouts.
You’ll earn points for free nights faster than average with the high rewards opportunity the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Amex offers. For every purchase you make with the card, you’ll earn two points for every dollar. In addition, you’ll get five points for every dollar spent on hotel stays, meals, and incidentals at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. Charge your everyday spending to your Bonvoy Brilliant Amex and you could have a week’s stay at a Marriott property every couple of years or sooner.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Our Experts Recently Evaluated The Top 5 Credit Repair Companies Available.